Subject: Proposed IETF 95 date change

From: John William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 14:19:20 -0400

It's not clear to me which is less desirable, starting on Easter day, or
finishing on Good Friday.  Both are important from the Christian
perspective.  However, for a significant part of the IETF membership,
neither Easter nor Good Friday is important.  My vote would be to leave
it where it is.

  Bill Atwood

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 20:43:47 -0400

>>>>> "John" == John William Atwood <[email-masked]> writes:
    John> It's not clear to me which is less desirable, starting on
    John> Easter day, or finishing on Good Friday.  Both are important
    John> from the Christian perspective.  However, for a significant
    John> part of the IETF membership, neither Easter nor Good Friday is
    John> important.  My vote would be to leave it where it is.

It's not the "holiday" that is important, it's the congestion at the
airport that concerns me.  Either week accomodates travelling on the
Saturday of easter weekend, as being the possible "out".

I am not clear if we even know where it will be.

-- 
Michael Richardson
-on the airplane-