Subject: Re: Weekly posting summary for [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 12:09:13 -0400 (EDT)

> From: David Morris <[email-masked]>

    > I've wondered for some time whether the reported bytes is the whole
    > message I send included context quotes, or if there is an attempt by
    > the summary logic to factor out quoted content.

I think it's a _feature_ to count the included content, so that people who
(often recursively) top-post on long prior messages, instead of editing down
to just the bit(s) they are replying to, have some negative feedback for that
(irritating) habit.

	Noel

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:23:35 -0700 (PDT)

> to just the bit(s) they are replying to, have some negative feedback for that

For now, I'm just trying to confirm my impression of the data. Folks who
don't make a case/case choice as to inline/top and removing chaff and
unneeded context probably aren't going to care where they stand on the
total byte count issue.