Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-07.txt> (Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 03:28:36 +0200

Hi,

I've taken a look at the current version of the draft and I think it is
in good shape.

I have a couple of comments:

- I think it might be useful to include an additional NR
Code for obtaining Updated Access Network Identifier (ANI) parameters.
The LMA would send a UPN message to the MAG with
NR=Updated-ANI-Parameters and then the MAG would send the PBU with the
updated ANI parameters.

- In the last NETEXT session we discussed about using the update
notifications for the flow mobility solution draft
(draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob). I think it might be good to add a
Notification Reason related to flow mobility updates, or at least a
reference to the flowmob document (we can also define the Notification
Reason in draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob).

Thanks,

Carlos

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 11:32 -0700, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
> Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
> - 'Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
>   <draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-07.txt> as Proposed Standard
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
> sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
> 
> Abstract
> 
> 
>    This document specifies protocol enhancements for allowing the local
>    mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain to asynchronously
>    notify the mobile access gateway about changes related to a mobility
>    session.  These update notification messages are exchanged using a
>    new Mobility Header message type specifically designed for this
>    purpose.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> The file can be obtained via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/
> 
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/ballot/
> 
> 
> No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.
> 
>

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 04:17:19 +0000

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your review comments. Please see inline.

>NR=Updated-ANI-Parameters and then the MAG would send the PBU with the

Yes. We discussed this, but we seem to have missed this comment. Will
include this NR  code.

>Reason in draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob).

Sure. Will add a reference to the spec.

Regards
Sri

>_______________________________________________
>netext mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext