Subject: Fwd: Fred MacMurray's

From: Casey Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:21:37 -0700

-- 
  Casey Farrell
  [email-masked]

----- Original message -----
From: Casey Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Fred MacMurray's
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:21:21 -0700

-- 
 Casey Farrell, designer/author
1824 Rancho
Nicasio, CA 
  [email-masked]

RE: Fred MacMurray's favorite pasttime

   I thoroughly eenjoyed this Sunday's Chronicle WINE section (and the
   rest of the paper, too!) but was wondering

while I came across various announcements if anyone at The Chron
remembers what Fred MacMurray's hobby was?

  He enjoyed rewriting newscopy in BRITIC ( a phonetic spelling system) 
  which had been a fad in England after WWII.

And all that great material yesterday out of which to create a sampler,
I am sure he would have typed up these-

  SUNQMU     TREFEXEN     STAGZ LIIP     LWWIS MARTINI    MAWNT VIIDUR  
   WINDZUR      QKVIL    RUXURFURD

IAWNTVIL   BQIW   MONDOVI    GALQ   GURNVIL    TCIIZ   BIIF   BRED  
SALUD   OLIV OIL etc

 The point is that spelling reform, which is the cheapest and best
 renovator of any economy...has yet to occur in the USA.

It occured in Germany while the war raged; the German script was changed
over from Gothic to Roman. Very dramatic.

 The changes necessary for recalibration of ENGLISH & FRENCH spelling (
 didn't I mention that? Sorry, FRENCH is also 'skewed'!)

are easy and can be done right now with practiically any alternative
spelling system. The only resistors have always been the 

corporate 'brand name' holders who do not understand the legal
difference between LOGO & TRADEMARK in the first place...

but it is a legitimate question...what happens if I change the spelling?
(but it is pronounced the same) You'll then be "Kosher"!

Others who've enjoyed this hobby (civic betterment) include Ben
Franklin, Mark Twain, President Teddy Roosevelt, G, B, Shaw,

Claire Trevor, Paul Harvey, Linda Darnel, WIlliam Barnes, Prince Lucien
Bonaparte, Piaf, Mary Austen, Jack London, Lola Montez,

Jackie Gleason, Clifton Webb, Dr. Sun Yet Sen, President Thomas
Jefferson, Allen Ginsberg, Mary Pickford & Rosalind Russell.

  The savings in time & materials when switiching over to a phontic
  spelling was shown by the 1918 Bloshevik Inner Committee to

be an austounding 35% reduction just in the use of newspaper ink! With
TEXTING it is thought that 'virtually free' NEW MEDIA

will create a revenue stream that will produce what will be needed for
our Social Security payments in the near future. 

Casey Farrell

-- 
http://www.fastmail.fm - The professional email service

-- 
http://www.fastmail.fm - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow