Subject: RE: Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-14.txt)

From: "ATEC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:19:31 -0400

Could anyone tell me how to remove my email from this distrubution?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:07 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: dhc mailing list; dhc chair; RFC Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent' to Proposed
Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-14.txt)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RADIUS Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt/

Technical Summary:

  This document defines RADIUS DHCPv6 option that is similar to its DHCPv4
  counter-part that was defined in RFC4014. The DHCPv6 RADIUS option
provides a
  mechanism to exchange authorization and identification information between
the
  DHCPv6 relay agent and the DHCPv6 server.  This mechanism is meant for the
  centralized DHCPv6 server to select the right configuration for the
requesting
  DHCPv6 client based on the authorization information received from the
RADIUS
  server, which is not co-located with the DHCPv6 server.  The Network
Access
  Server (NAS) acts as DHCPv6 relay agent and RADIUS client simultaneously
in
  this document.

Working Group Summary:

  This document was called draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-authorization-opt prior to
its
  adoption. There was unanimous support for it (9 people in favor of
adoption
  and none against), so this document was adopted in May 2012. There was
quite
  high interest in this work - 55 posts since its adoption. There was never
any
  opposition for this work.

Document Quality:

  I'm not aware of any existing implementations, but the level of support
from
  both DHCP vendors (Nominum, Weird Solutions, Cisco, ISC), hardware vendors
  (Huawei, Cisco) and operators (Orange, Telecom Italia) suggests that this
will
  be implemented and deployed shortly after option code is assigned by IANA.
  There was no single lead reviewer and many people contributed to the draft
(55
  posts about it to DHC list, 41 posts to RADEXT during its WG life). This
  document went through rapid updates (10 revisions 10 months), because its
lead
  author - Leaf Yeh - was eager to address any comments as soon as they
appeared.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

  Tomek Mrugalski is the document shepherd. Ted Lemon is the responsible AD.