Subject: Anyone having trouble submitting I-Ds?

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:35:05 -0400 (EDT)

My web submission told me "Your submission is pending email 
authentication. An email has been sent you with instructions." more than 
an hour ago, but I haven't seen such a mail.

I sent a note to internet-drafts@ mentioning my experience, but wanted to 
check if anyone else was seeing this behavior.

-Ben Kaduk
MIT Kerberos Consortium

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:27:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> My web submission told me "Your submission is pending email authentication. 
> An email has been sent you with instructions." more than an hour ago, but I 
> haven't seen such a mail.
>

It turns out this was user error -- I was not listed as an author on the 
previous version of the document, even though I did the actual upload for 
that version.  The anti-hijacking feature causes the confirmation email to 
only go to the authors listed on the previous version of the document, so 
mail was not sent to me and things are working as expected.

-Ben

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 14:26:50 -0400

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> authentication. An email has been sent you with instructions." more than an
>> hour ago, but I haven't seen such a mail.
>>
>> I sent a note to internet-drafts@ mentioning my experience, but wanted
>> to check if anyone else was seeing this behavior.
>>
>

This behavior is not documented to the user when they submit the document
and is therefore a bug.

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Aug 2013 21:04:06 -0000

>> The anti-hijacking feature causes the confirmation email to

It's sort of documented somewhere, but I agree that it's a bug that it
doesn't tell the submitter what happened.

I reported it as a bug a while ago, dunno where it is in the tracker.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:29:51 -0500

> I reported it as a bug a while ago, dunno where it is in the tracker.
I remember that report, but am not finding the corresponding ticket with 
a quick search, so I've entered another to make sure this gets addressed:
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1097>

If it turns out that's a duplicate, that's easy to fix.

RjS