Subject: Re: [Trustees] The Trust Agreement

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 11:11:25 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>

    > Thanks for the careful explanations.

I'll second that; it does seem that some tweaking may be in order.

    > Clearly the Trust shouldn't have blanket permission to abandon or
    > dispose of assets

When the time comes to draft actual wording, I would suggest that there be a
requirement for a notification to the IETF-Announce list at least one month
(or so?) prior to any actual disposal or abandonment, or completion of any
agreement to dispose. (Maybe only for IP, and not real property too, such as
old servers, etc?) I can't imagine the Trust would be disposing of stuff very
often, so I think this would be a reasonable requirement.

	Noel

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:28:45 +1200

> often, so I think this would be a reasonable requirement.

Agreed; that's very much in the spirit of how we set up the Trust
to be responsive to the community. It doesn't seem like the sort of detail
to be embedded in the Trust Agreement though - more like part of a tiny
addendum to BCP 101. (Since I have raised that question, I hereby volunter
to draft it if necessary.)

    Brian