Subject: Transparency in the IETF...

From: TSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 04:56:57 -0800

Folks - for those of you who dont know I have a patent fraud matter in 
the US Courts over the Location Based Service Patent (US6370629) and 
there are many people out there who are really concerned that this will 
prevent them from using Location Based Services in the US.

THIS IS NOT TRUE... The Licensing for what is called PHASE-2 Technology 
inside of the US6370629 patent is going to be available under a FRAND 
license moving forward once the fraud loss issues are cleaned up.

The problem is of course I have demanded several things from the IETF 
with regard to its involvement in my matter and I want all of you to 
know what they are in the process... I want accountability and total 
transparency in Global IP Standards being developed here. I want every 
sponsor here to be accountable and more importantly I want the same 
standards they are held to in the real world transported magically here 
to Wonderland...

And since I have the Vorpal Sword BACK (LICENSING CONTROL UNDER 
us6370629) and the Bandersnatch is sleeping under my bed ... I GUESS IT 
IS REASONABLE TO ASK FOR THESE THINGS.

1)    I want all of us to register with the IETF and agree that 
everything that happens here is constrained by the INTERNATIONAL IP LAWS 
OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE...

That is fair and reasonable and says simply that you and your actions 
are upright and transparent under the Laws of your National 
Jurisdiction. It also says you can be held legally accountable for your 
actions herein... and unless you need to be able to act in a manner 
which protects you from acts you might do here one would think that this 
would be totally reasonable... right?

2)    I want everyone inside a PROJECT in a WG to acknowledge the need 
to disclose the IP issues or events inside the IETF to the SPONSOR 
formally. This could be done electronically too with an ONLINE FORM that 
could be designed here as well.  The issue is in bringing the IETF and 
its standards process into alignment with law and practice in the IP world.

3)    All IESG votes become 100% transparent, and recorded for public 
review. NOTHING HAPPENS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IN THIS STANDARDS COMMITTEE 
ANY LONGER.

4)    The IETF itself and its formal business practices are audited once 
every other year or as need be by demand from any project member or 
litigation against the IETF or its IESG Members. Further the  US 
Department of Justice is going to also agree to put a new focus on IP 
fraud in the US - TRUST ME ON THAT...

5)    The IETF replaces its legal counsel and the Counsel's role is 
redefined to represent the Organization meaning their allegiance is to 
the membership and not the officers - they can pay their own legal fees 
thank you.

6)    The ISOC and the US TR will work together to come up with a 
Statement assuring the Public that both support and are bound by 
International IP Law...

7)    Finally a set of proper IP Controls which meet the terms of 
International IP Law including publication revocation and a take down 
policy MUST be put in place within 90 days

Todd Glassey