Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-05.txt> (Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)) to Informational RFC

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:36:11 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, The IESG wrote:

>
> The IESG has received a request from the Javascript Object Signing and
> Encryption WG (jose) to consider the following document:
> - 'Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption
>   (JOSE)'
>  <draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-05.txt> as Informational RFC
>
> The file can be obtained via
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-use-cases/

There seems to be a formatting/ordering error in section 2.  The 
enumerated list has 1/2/3 as confidentiality-protected, 
integrity-protected, and key format, but the next sentence talks about 
signed, encrypted, and key format "respectively".  It seems that 
integrity-protected is meant to be signed and confidentiality-protected is 
meant to be encrypted, but they are swapped.

-Ben