Subject: user id /passwd

From: manning bill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:28:15 -0800

the ITU is more open than the IETF when it comes to access…  which is really sad.
please send me my userid/password asap so i can download documents and comment on requested inputs to the noncom.

/bill

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/login/?next=/nomcom/2013/feedback/

Authentication required!

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL "/accounts/login/". You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

In case you are allowed to request the document, please check your user-id and password and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:37:37 -0800

[email-masked] not working for you?

joel

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:21:43 -0800

Bill: The only requirement is that you set up an account on the datatracker:
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/>

All you need for that is an email address.  Good luck getting a TIES
account that easily :)

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM, manning bill <[email-masked]> wrote:

> please send me my userid/password asap so i can download documents and
> comment on requested inputs to the noncom.
>
>
> /bill
>
> This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL
> "/accounts/login/". You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad
> password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials
> required.
>

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 01:29:32 -0500

Hmmm, upper left corner of datatracker.ietf.org, click on "New Account",
click on "Request an Account", seems easy enough.

    Tony Hansen

On 11/12/2013 12:37 AM, joel jaeggli wrote:
>> the ITU is more open than the IETF when it comes to access?  which is
really sad.
>> please send me my userid/password asap so i can download documents
and comment on requested inputs to the noncom.
>> This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
URL "/accounts/login/". You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g.,
bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:11:21 -0500

> [email-masked] not working for you?

From the main datatracker page (https://datatracker.ietf.org/) there is also a "New Account" link (top left) where you can:
	• Sign in
	• Request an account
	• Request a password reset
	• Change your datatracker preferences for this browser

Perhaps one of these would be helpful?

W

--
What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Pyramids)

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:22:49 -0500

This has turned out to be a frequently-asked question in nomcom
correspondence.

Part of the reason is that for some folks, a datatracker login they may
have been using for years turns out not to be linked to any email address
recently identifying them within the IETF's systems (last X years...).

Some people need ietf-action assistance getting over this glitch - that's
all I want to say about it since my information is far from definitive.

Open, maybe sometimes glitchy, that's us.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From the main datatracker page (https://datatracker.ietf.org/) there is
> also a "New Account" link (top left) where you can:
>         • Sign in
>         • Request an account

---

From: manning bill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:50:00 -0800

It might be worth the effort to actually tell people (when they register to attend meetings) that they are expected to 
sign up for a userid/password to work with the IETF organization.

and if our various countries cared…

>From Sarah Parkes at ITU, when I was factchecking an article. July 2012
 
"worth pointing out that all Member States are free to publish *any
documents* they see fit as part of their national consultation process."
Emphasis in the original

//bill