Subject: NOMCOM 2014 - Call for Nominations

From: NomCom Chair 2014 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:12:27 -0700

The 2014-15 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations
from now until October 11, 2014. The open positions being considered
by this year's Nomcom can be found at the end of this email and also on
this year's Nomcom website:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2014 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/nominate/

  {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
   datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
   if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }

Nominations may also be made by email to [email-masked].
If use email, please include the word "Nominate" in the Subject and
indicate in the email who is being nominated, their email address (to
confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for which you
are making the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via email
for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!

NomCom 2014-15 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in RFC 5680.  As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each
position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone with a
datatracker account may access the lists.  In all other ways, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777/BCP10 remain in effect.  All
feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will remain confidential and will
not be disclosed.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
Nomcom on or before October 11, 2013.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management permission,
as it is easier to decline the nomination, than put one in late.
We've set the questionnaire submission deadline for October 25, 2014.

The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms
end with the March 2014 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which
this Nomcom is responsible, follows:

IAOC:
Randy Bush

IAB:
Joel Halpern
Russ Housley
Eliot Lear
Xing Li
Andrew Sullivan
Dave Thaler

IESG:
Pete Resnick (Applications)
Ted Lemon (Internet)
Joel Jaeggli (Operations and Management)
Richard Barnes (RAI)
Adrian Farrel* (Routing)
Stephen Farrell (Security)
Spencer Dawkins (Transport)
Jari Arkko (Gen)

*- known to have decline to run again.

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
find extensive information about specific positions, developed by
the IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/requirements/

In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on
the positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's
views and input on the jobs within each organization. If you
have ideas on the positions' responsibilities (more, less,
different), please let us know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

Michael Richardson
Nomcom Chair 2014-15
[email-masked], [email-masked]