Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bray-privacy-choices-00.txt

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:31:16 -0700

I observe, on at least perpass and Apps Area and HTML, that any time a
privacy-related debate occurs, certain arguments recur with tedious
frequency, as to why pro-privacy measures are inappropriate or overpriced
or misleading.  This brief draft is a curation of those arguments and
rejoinders to them.

I have no expectation that this will be adopted by anyone on an official
basis, but if it did have a permanent home, I personally would find it
useful as a reference point to avoid rehashing some of these debates.

If someone did want to adopt it, I would make cycles available to help with
editing.

A beautified-HTML version is available at
https://www.tbray.org/tmp/draft-bray-privacy-choices-00.html​
​​
A new version of I-D, draft-bray-privacy-choices-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tim Bray and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-bray-privacy-choices
Revision:       00
Title:          Privacy Choices for Internet Data Services
Document date:  2014-09-10
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          4
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bray-privacy-choices-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bray-privacy-choices/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bray-privacy-choices-00

Abstract:
   This document considers the factors Internet data service providers
   should consider when making choices concerning privacy options, and
   presents arguments in favor of choices resulting in more privacy for
   their services' users.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)