Subject: RFC Editor Automation of Stats and Reports Project SOW for Community Input

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 18:28:30 -0700

The IAOC intends to seek bids for a project to automate the generation of RFC Editor statistics 
and reports and desires community input on a draft Statement of Work.  The SOW is located 
here:  <http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html>.

The community comment period ends 21 September 2014.  The IAOC will consider all 
comments received during this period.

Overview

Over time, the RFC Editor’s list of statistics and report products have grown, and maintaining 
them requires significant manual effort. This project will automate the generation of these 
statistics and reports. This includes the monthly production of reports at 
https://www.rfc-editor.org/reports/, and episodic creations of presentations for meetings 
with the community. This project will additionally automate the production of two new report artifacts.

Deliverables/Tasks

The developer will work with the RFC production center staff to:

1.	Identify any changes to the database needed to facilitate report production without the 
        current 	manual transcription, and implement those changes.
2.	Identify changes in the look of the needed reports, particularly those needed to indicate 
        the current month information is ‘to-date’. 
3.	Design the format for two new reports artifacts. 
4.	Design and implement a mechanism to produce the needed reports on-demand. 
5.	Provide a mechanism to export the data used for the reports for use with programs like 
        Excel to facilitate ad-hoc reporting. 
6.	Integrate the report generation mechanism with http://www.rfc-editor.org/reports. 
7.	Provide a set of tests appropriate for regression testing for all software created by this 
        project demonstrating correct operation. 
8.	Provide documentation and training for the RFC Production Center staff. 

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may be used in 
the development of the SOW.

Thanks for your continuing advice and support.

Ray Pelletier 
IETF Administrative Director