Subject: Re: Bug reporting/tracker for xml2rfc?

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:53:09 -0800

On 9/13/14 9:40 AM, Michael StJohns wrote:
> There are a lot of email addresses associated with this tool, but
> most seem to be related to the form of the RFC rather than reporting
> tool issues.

I'm finding the support situation with regard to IETF tools rather
unclear in general (datatracker vs. tools vs. whatever) and have
writing something up for the chairs wiki on my "to do" list.
If you forward to me what you learn, I can add xml2rfc, as well.

Melinda

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 22:27:17 -0400

On 9/13/14, 1:40 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:
> Ok - I've looked and I can't find a specific or even general email address for sending outage/problem reports on xml2rfc.ietf.org.  As of a few minutes ago it was broken in that it doesn't actually seem to be running the conversion code.  Uploading files results in no output.
>
> There are a lot of email addresses associated with this tool, but most seem to be related to the form of the RFC rather than reporting tool issues.

Henrik and I do most of the care and feeding of xml2rfc.ietf.org.

For this particular problem, /var/tmp was out of space on the machine.

I've cleared out /var/tmp, but evidently something broke with whatever 
used to automatically keep that directory clean.

I'll check with Henrik to see what he has to say.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 22:59:50 -0400

Thanks Tony. I did find the tracker link, but it was buried in the middle of the 1,2,3 step text on the xml2rfc main page.  Maybe better to move it somewhere else?  Also, I wonder if the space exhaustion is why I didn't get the password setup email?

Thanks again, Mike

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 13, 2014, at 22:27, Tony Hansen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I've cleared out /var/tmp, but evidently something broke with whatever used to automatically keep that directory clean.
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:37:51 +0200

On 2014-09-14 04:59 Michael StJohns said:
> Thanks Tony. I did find the tracker link, but it was buried in the
> middle of the 1,2,3 step text on the xml2rfc main page. Maybe better
> to move it somewhere else? Also, I wonder if the space exhaustion is
> why I didn't get the password setup email?

Probably.  The MTA had halted; up again now.

Best regards,

	Henrik