Subject: Applied Networking Research Prize 2015 presentations at IETF-94

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:47:31 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2015 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 33 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by 3-5 members of the
selection committee according to a diverse set of criteria, including
scientific excellence and substance, timeliness, relevance, and
potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, five submissions are awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2015. Two prize winners will present
their work at the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-94 in Yokohama, Japan.
The ANRPs for IETF-94 go to:

*** Xiao Sophia Wang *** for a systematic study of web page load times
under SPDY:

    Xiao Sophia Wang, Aruna Balasubramanian, Arvind Krishnamurthy and
    David Wetherall. How Speedy is SPDY? Proc. USENIX Symposium on
    Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), Seattle, WA,
    USA, April 2-4, 2014.

*** Roland van Rijswijk-Deij *** for a detailed measurement study on a
large dataset of DNSSEC-signed domains:

    Roland van Rijswijk-Deij, Anna Sperotto, and Aiko Pras. DNSSEC and
    its Potential for DDoS Attacks: A Comprehensive Measurement Study.
    Proc. ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), Vancouver, BC,
    Canada, November 2014.

***********************************************************************
The call for ANRP nominations for the 2016 awards cycle is open now!
Read more about the ANRP at http://irtf.org/anrp and nominate your
favorite recent papers!
***********************************************************************

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

  http://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
  http://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            http://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         http://isoc.org/research

2015 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
Ross Callon, Juniper
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Mark Crovella, Boston University
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Nick Feamster, Georgia Tech
Olivier Festor, INRIA
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Nick McKeown, Stanford
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Aiko Pras, University of Twente
Stefano Previdi, Cisco
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Renata Cruz Teixeira, INRIA
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Lixia Zhang, UCLA