Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet-04.txt> (Client Subnet in DNS Queries) to Informational RFC

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 10:21:26 -0800

At Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:07:59 -0800,
The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
> (dnsop) to consider the following document:
> - 'Client Subnet in DNS Queries'
>   <draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet-04.txt> as Informational RFC
>
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
> sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

I made several comments on the draft during the dnsop WGLC:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg15575.html and
my impression at that time was that authors agreed on addressing at
least some of the points.  But the 04 version obviously doesn't
address these as it was released before my comment message.  I don't
know/remember precisely what has happened since that discussion, but
unless the decision was that the authors decided to completely dismiss
these points, I hope these will be addressed in the IETF last call
phase.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:48:38 +0000

Doh! It turns out we made the edits, but forgot to publish a new version -
the published version was -04, but we had a -06 version sitting in github.
I've incorporated comments from the GenART review, and (belatedly) posted
the version in github as -05. I'm checking with co-authors to confirm that
this version addressed all received comments...

W