Subject: Joyce Reynolds

From: Vint Cerf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 13:16:13 -0500

Word reached me that Joyce has passed away - I held her in high regard for
many reasons but among them is the fact that she and Jon Postel shared RFC
editing responsibilities and she always challenged me to figure out which
edits had been done by Jon and which by her. In all honesty, I could never
tell - she and Jon had melded their editing styles and sensitivities
completely. She was the perfect counterfoil for Jon and she deserves great
credit for her long service to the Internet community.

I hope we will be apprised of opportunities to express our appreciation for
her life in any memorial plans and/or charitable arrangements.

It is hard for me to believe that she, too, has left our midst. She is
among the few who have been fixed stars in the Internet firmament and will
be long remembered.

vint

-- 
New postal address:
Google
1875 Explorer Street, 10th Floor
Reston, VA 20190

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:22:00 -0800

Vint,

> On Dec 30, 2015, at 10:16 AM, Vint Cerf <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Word reached me that Joyce has passed away - I held her in high regard for many reasons but among them is the fact that she and Jon Postel shared RFC editing responsibilities and she always challenged me to figure out which edits had been done by Jon and which by her. In all honesty, I could never tell - she and Jon had melded their editing styles and sensitivities completely. She was the perfect counterfoil for Jon and she deserves great credit for her long service to the Internet community.
> 
> I hope we will be apprised of opportunities to express our appreciation for her life in any memorial plans and/or charitable arrangements.
> 
> It is hard for me to believe that she, too, has left our midst. She is among the few who have been fixed stars in the Internet firmament and will be long remembered.
> 

Very sad, the only thing I can add is that I will miss her.

Bob