Subject: Request for Proposal: RFC Editor Automated Reports & Statistics Project

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 08:57:17 -0800

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the
RFC Editor, announces this Request for Proposals for the automation
of RFC Editor reports and statistics. The successful bidder will
enter into a contract with the Internet Society.

The RFC Editor desires the automation of its reports and statistics.
The RFC Editor’s list of statistics and report products has grown
over time, and maintaining them requires significant manual effort.
This project will automate the generation of these statistics and
reports. This includes the monthly production of reports at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/report-summary/ and episodic creations of
presentations for meetings with the community.

The current production process involves manual transcription of
reports from a database into an Excel spreadsheet and production of
graphics using that tool. This project will automate maintenance of
the necessary information in the database, and on-demand production
of the reports without involving Excel. It will also make extraction
of the data into a form similar to the current spreadsheet easy, to
facilitate ad-hoc reporting. This project will additionally automate
the production of two new report artifacts. 

The RFP can be found at: <https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html>.

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no
later than January 18, 2016.  All questions, inquiries must be
submitted by January 6, 2016.  Responses to questions and inquiries
shall be posted online at:  <https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html> by
January 11, 2016.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier, [email-masked].

Ray Pelletier
IAD