Subject: Buenos Aires Visa

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:22:42 -0500

All;

Several questions were asked about when and what types of visa
attendees should acquire for Buenos Aires. We investigated whether
we could provide or get one authoritative answer for the different
situations. Unfortunately, it has not been possible for us to
provide information beyond what various official and unofficial
sources already provide. See below for a list.

The best advice we can offer  is to follow what you'd normally do
for any international travel, e.g., if the matter is unclear in your
case, talk with the appropriate consulate, embassy, or corporate
advisor.

Ray
IAD

1.  Republic of Argentina Visa Information: http://www.clond.mrecic.gov.ar/en/node/2424
2.  Visa Policy of Argentina:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Argentina
3.  IETF 95 Visa Information:  https://www.ietf.org/meeting/95/visa-information.html

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Feb 2016 00:39:57 -0000

I can report from personal experience that if you have a passport from
the US, Canada, or Australia, you do not need a visa for Argentina,
but you do need to pay the "reciprocity fee" which not at all by
coincidence costs the same as the visa fee charged for Argentines
visiting the US, Canada, or Australia.

You *must* pay the fee and print the receipt before you get on the
plane; if you don't have one they shouldn't let you on the plane, and
if you arrive without one, they'll probably send you home (according
to a friend who saw it happen.)

You pay the fee online at https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/
Start with the small SIGN UP link below the login box, then once
you've set up an account you can pay the fee with a credit card.  They
provide a PDF that you print and stick in your passport.

The receipt is good for the same time as the corresponding visa, 10
years for the US, so if you have been to Argentina before, e.g. you
went to ICANN last year, your receipt may still be good.  If you lost
it, you can log into the web site and reprint it.  If you have a new
passport, the receipt is still good (personal experience again) but
since the receipt has your passport number I'd bring the old passport
just in case.

R's,
John