Subject: IETF Endowment funding announcement

From: Kathy Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:31:13 +0000

As I shared last week, the Internet Society has been working for the last
year to establish foundational funding and momentum for the IETF
Endowment. We started, in a quiet period, to gather initial support.
Today, I am pleased to let you know that a number of organizations have
contributed over the last few months to take a significant step towards
our shared goal.

A commitment made by AFRINIC has been joined by ARIN, RIPE NCC and the
Internet Society to bring total funding of the IETF Endowment to more than
US $3 million. I look forward to acknowledging these commitments during
the IETF 96 plenary on Wednesday. More information about, and
contributions can be made to, the Endowment at:

https://www.SustainIETF.org <https://www.sustainietf.org/>

Of course, the Endowment is intended as a long-term investment and is not
intended, in any way, to substitute for ISOC¹s ongoing operational support
for IETF. We also understand that we must continue our efforts to build on
these first steps to fully realize the vision of the IETF Endowment. To
provide more information about the IETF Endowment and the other ways ISOC
supports the IETF we are organizing an online informational session on 4
August 2016 at 1300 UTC. More details about the session, including on how
to join it, will be posted to the Internet Society website soon.

Thank you for your interest in the IETF Endowment, and for all your work
on the open standards and technologies that are essential building blocks
for an Internet that supports innovation, collaboration, and economic
growth around the world.

Best,
Kathy Brown

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 04:56:46 +0000 (UTC)

Kathy,
Great work!  Thank you to you and everyone else who worked on the endowment for working so hard to support the future of IETF. Thanks,
Nalini ElkinsInside Products, Inc.www.insidethestack.com(831) 659-8360

      From: Kathy Brown <[email-masked]>
 To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
 Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 8:31 PM
 Subject: IETF Endowment funding announcement

Best,
Kathy Brown