Subject: RE: Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-09

From: "Peter Yee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 18:10:11 -0700

Draft -10 has just been published and it addresses my concerns.  So:

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard. [Ready]

		-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Yee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-09

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area Review
Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for
the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD
before posting a new version of the draft.  For background on Gen-ART,
please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Document: draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-09
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: July 1, 2016
IETF LC End Date: July  1, 2016
IESG Telechat date: July 7, 2016

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication as a Proposed
Standard, but has some nits that should be fixed before publication. [Ready
with nits]

This draft extends TRILL RBridge Channels so that they can transmit
additional, tunneled message types.  Security services for RBridge Channel
messages can be provisioned via RFC 5310 authentication and/or DTLS.  The
draft is well-written and easy to understand in the larger TRILL context.

The nits noted in the Last Call review will be addressed in a new version of
the draft, as already discussed with one of the authors.  This review is
posted in order to make the Telechat deadline, as the date for the next
draft is not known to this reviewer.  The previous (Last Call) review can be
found here:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg13423.html

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:18:34 +0300

Thanks Peter & Donald!

jari