Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame-04

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:26:20 -0800

Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review result: Has Nits

Summary: Ready with editorial nits.

Major issues: none

Minor Issues: Editorials

o The document does not pass IDnits.

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 2818

   This is obviously intentional but I did not see any mention of this e.g., in
   the proto write-up.

  -- Obsolete informational reference (is this intentional?): RFC 5988
   This should obviously be 8288 as it obsoletes 5988.

o line 256         s/clients SHOULD not/clients SHOULD NOT
o line 146         s/The origin frame/The ORIGIN frame
o line 429    What does "case-normalization" mean? I could not immediately find
that expression, at least not in the referenced RFC6454. If it means making the
ORIGIN header values lower case, just state that.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 15:14:13 +1100

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the review.

> On 2 Dec 2017, at 5:26 am, Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>  This is obviously intentional but I did not see any mention of this e.g., in

FWIW, 2818 is in the downref registry.

>  This should obviously be 8288 as it obsoletes 5988.

Thanks, fixed in source.

> o line 256         s/clients SHOULD not/clients SHOULD NOT

I see this on line 303 of the .txt of -04; did you see it elsewhere?

> o line 146         s/The origin frame/The ORIGIN frame

Likewise, I see this on line 173 of the .txt -04.

> ORIGIN header values lower case, just state that.

In the referenced spec:

"""
5.  Let uri-host be the host component of the URI, converted to lower
       case (using the i;ascii-casemap collation defined in [RFC4790]).
"""

I've added a reference to the step number to clarify.

Thanks again,

Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/