Subject: Call for Participation: W3C Workshop on Web5G: Aligning evolutions of network and Web technologies

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:56:38 -0500

Some of you may be interested in the below workshop.

-- Sam Weiler

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Call for Participation: W3C Workshop on Web5G: Aligning 
evolutions of network and Web technologies
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 22:12:45 +0800
From: Xueyuan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
Chairs,

Following the postponement announcement last month [1], the Program 
Committee has now identified new dates for the Web5G Workshop. W3C is 
hereby pleased to call for participation in:

     W3C Workshop on Web5G: Aligning evolutions of network and Web 
technologies
     May 10-11 2018, London, UK
     https://www.w3.org/2017/11/web5g-workshop/

Thanks to GSMA for hosting the workshop.

The primary goal of the workshop is to bring together telecommunications 
operators, network equipment providers, content delivery networks, 
browser vendors, and application developers to evaluate and prepare for 
the impact of 5G and other network-layer technologies on Web standards.

Expected topics of discussion include:
     * Performance bottlenecks of Web apps on ultra-fast networks
     * Dimensioning 5G Networks for supporting existing and future Web 
technologies (VR/AR, automotive, WebRTC, IoT)
     * Architectural evolutions of the Web to enable greater 
network/application integration
     * Connecting network management and network metrics from Web 
applications
     * Case studies of existing network/application integration and 
their extension to the Web
     * Features provided by new networking technologies and their 
applicability to Web applications
     * Bringing edge-computing capabilities to Web applications
     * Impact of integrating QUIC in the Web Platform

For more information on the workshop, please see the workshop details 
and submission instructions:
     https://www.w3.org/2017/11/web5g-workshop/#attend

If you have any questions, please contact organizer Dominique 
Hazael-Massieux <[email-masked]>.

W3C Members interested in sponsoring this workshop should contact Alan 
Bird <[email-masked]>.

Please note that the dates should enable Advisory Committee and Chairs 
traveling to Europe for the the Advisory Committee meeting (May 13-15 in 
Berlin [2]) to easily extend their trip to include the Web5G Workshop 
should they so desire.

This announcement follows section 8 of the W3C Process Document:
     https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#GAEvents

We look forward to seeing you there.

Xueyuan Jia, W3C Marketing & Communications

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2017OctDec/0056.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/Member/Eventscal.html#ac