Subject: New Legal Counsels Engagement Agreement Awarded by IAOC

From: Portia Wenze-Danley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:05:34 -0500

All,

At the request of the IAOC, the Internet Society issued an RFP on 6
September 2017 to engage new legal counsel to replace
Jorge Contreras who was set to retire effective 31 December, 2017.

On 14 December 2017 the IAOC requested ISOC to negotiate an agreement
with Biddle Law PC and Thompson Hine LLC to perform legal consulting
responsibilities.

On 1 January, 2018 the IAOC engaged Brad Biddle and David Wilson of Thompson
Hine LLP to serve as IETF's new legal counsel.  Brad and David will work
with the legal committee and Portia Wenze-Danley will serve as their 
immediate
contact.

Brad Biddle, based in Portland OR, has many years of of experience 
working with
computer standards organizations, and was formerly Standards Counsel for 
Intel.
David Wilson of Thomson Hine, based in Washington DC is an experienced 
lawyer
whose firm has been providing legal services to the IETF for many years.

Thanks.

Portia Wenze-Danley
IIAD