Subject: CEO Succession at ISOC - Status update

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 12:36:18 +0100

Hi,

a few weeks ago we informed the community about the fact that Kathy
Brown was not going to seek another extension of her contract and,
thus, a CEO search process had started at the Internet Society
(ISOC). Please, read the following blog post for background:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2017/11/ceo-succession-internet-society/

In particular, we had asked the community to send us preliminary
input, which is treated as confidential within the ISOC board, to the
following email address:

  [email-masked]

We want to thank the community for all the useful input we have
received so far. Please, continue sending us your thoughts around this
important process for ISOC.

The status of the process at this point is the following. The board
has set up a search committee, which is a subset of the board. The
role of the search committee is to do a preliminary review of the
candidates (in coordination with the selected search firm) and
eventually present a short list to the full board, which will be
responsible for the final selection.

The search committee is currently finishing the selection of a search
firm to support us during the whole process. We have developed a draft
job description, which will be finalized once a search firm is
selected. The draft job description naturally takes into consideration
all the input we have received.

The final job description will be used to elaborate an *open call for
candidates*, which will include instructions on how to apply for the
position. We intend to launch the open call in *February*.

As usual, we will keep the community informed about the status of the
ongoing search process.

Cheers,

Gonzalo Camarillo (for the board)
Chair - ISOC Board of Trustees