Subject: IETF 102 Applied Network Research Prize (ANRP) Awardees; also ANRW 2018

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 20:41:07 -0400

To IRTFers and IETFers,

We are excited to announce that the 2018 Applied Network Research Prize
awardees for IETF 102 in Montreal are:

Maria Apostolaki, ETH Zürich, CH
Hijacking Bitcoin: Routing Attacks on Cryptocurrencies

Panos Papadimitratos, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, SE
SECMACE: Scalable and Robust Identity and Credential Infrastructure in
Vehicular Communication,

Congratulations to Maria and Panos!  They will join us for the week in
Montreal and will present their award papers during the IRTFOPEN meeting.

IRTFOPEN is scheduled for Tuesday morning - come and hear these two great
presentations and become part of research discussions at IETF.

--------------

In addition, in case you missed it, the Applied Networking Research
Workshop will take place on the IETF Monday, as part of IRTF's mission of
bringing more researchers and IETFers together.  Registration is free with
your IETF registration - just sign up so we can plan for the numbers.  The
ANRW program is also full of great presentations, broken into topics on the
IETF agenda to make it easier to drop in between WG sessions.  Note: there
are no IRTF RG sessions on Monday.

Program:  https://irtf.org/anrw/2018/program.html
Registration: https://irtf.org/anrw/2018/attend

We expect to have streaming for those not there in person - check the
online IETF agenda closer to the time

--------------

Finally, many thanks to the generous ANRP and ANRW sponsors.

ANRP: ISOC, Comcast, and NBC Universal
ANRW: ACM SIGCOMM, ISOC, Akamai, Comcast,  and Salesforce