Subject: CEO Succession at ISOC - Status update (June 2018)

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 15:46:23 +0300

Hi,

this is a quick update on the CEO Succession process at ISOC (Internet
Society). For background, please check my previous notes to the community:

https://www.internetsociety.org/tag/ceo-succession/

As you know, the application window for potential candidates for ISOC's
CEO position closed in early April. Let me update you on where we are in
the process.

The process for selecting a new CEO for ISOC is progressing well and is
on track. As anticipated, and as a consequence of the broad appeal of
the role, the open call for applicants resulted in a significant amount
of interest from all around the world. The Board received more than one
hundred applications from candidates with a diverse set of backgrounds
in business and the private sector, government, the technical community,
the global NGO space, and the wider Internet community.

The strength and quality of the applications has been very high and it
has been an incredibly tough challenge to identify and evaluate the most
suitable candidates for this role from such a large and qualified pool
of talent and experience.

Nevertheless, given the importance that the CEO position holds for both
ISOC and the Internet as a whole, the deliberation by the Board has been
in depth. Over the past two months, trustees have dedicated much time
and effort to the careful consideration of each individual application
on its own merits. Informed and considered selections have been made
every step of the way.

The next round of interviews with shortlisted candidates is scheduled
for later this month, as per our original plan. It remains the case that
the actual start date for the new CEO will depend on the availability of
the candidate ultimately selected. Nonetheless, we expect to be able to
share more news soon as we move through this advanced part of the
selection process.

Cheers,

Gonzalo Camarillo (for the board)
Chair - ISOC Board of Trustees