Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-crypto-12

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:22:23 -0700

Reviewer: Pete Resnick
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-crypto-12
Reviewer: Pete Resnick
Review Date: 2018-06-11
IETF LC End Date: 2018-06-12
IESG Telechat date: 2018-06-21

Summary: Nice simple document; Ready to go with nits.

Major issues:

None.

Minor issues:

None.

Nits/editorial comments:

Nit: You should update the 2119 template to the 8174 template.

Comment: If this kind of update is only going to happen every 6 or 7 years, I
guess it's fine, but all that this document really does is: - Trivially update
the ABNF - Add the algorithm to the registry - Update the normative
instructions to indicate that this new algorithm be used. That really could
have all be done with a registry update if the registry had a field for
normative instructions for use of the algorithm. I suppose it's no longer a big
deal to add one more document to the eight-odd-thousand RFCs, but still...

pr