Subject: Announcing the Internet Society’s new President & CEO

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 11:23:27 -0500

Hi,

today is an exciting day for the Internet Society. It gives me great
pleasure to announce that Andrew Sullivan has been selected by the Board
of Trustees to become the Internet Society’s new President and Chief
Executive Officer, formally taking up his position on September 1, 2018.

Many of you may know Andrew from his work in the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF) and the Internet Architecture Board (IAB). He brings a
wealth of Internet industry and technology experience with him. He
served in a number of past roles, including time at Oracle Dyn managing
Doman Name System (DNS) development and architecture departments and as
the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) Chair for two consecutive years,
2015 and 2016. Andrew also played an instrumental role in the IANA
Transition as many of you may remember. I’d encourage you all to read
his testimony on the IAB Website:

https://www.iab.org/2016/05/24/iab-chair-testifies-before-u-s-senate-at-iana-transition-hearing/

Andrew is currently serving as chair of the IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC), where he has been involved with discussions
around updating the relationship between the IETF and the Internet Society.

Most importantly for us as a global community of members, organizations
and individuals that care deeply about the Internet, he embodies the
core values of openness, transparency, inclusion and diversity that lie
at the very heart of the Internet Society. He is committed to the ISOC
vision of an Internet that works for all of us, and believes fervently
in the struggle to bring an Internet that is open, globally-connected,
trusted and secure to everyone.

Not only that, but he is also committed to strengthening and growing our
global community. Together, we have built this global technical
infrastructure, this resource to enrich people's lives, and this force
for good in society. Because it is a challenging time for the Internet,
he knows that it’s also a challenging time for the Internet Society, but
he firmly believes in the power of this community to realize its shared
vision for the Internet.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kathy Brown for her
strong leadership over the past four and a half years. She has been
pivotal in the organization’s transformation and I believe that we have
never been in a stronger position, not just to face the challenges ahead
of us, but to emerge as a true world leader in shaping the path and
future direction of the Internet for the good of all humanity.

Kathy will continue in her current role as President and Chief Executive
Officer of the Internet Society until September 1. On assuming his new
role, Andrew will work with Kathy during a period of transition to
ensure a smooth handover of responsibilities.

Please join me in congratulating Andrew as we prepare to welcome him
into the growing ISOC family as our new President and CEO.

Cheers,

Gonzalo (for the board)
Chair - ISOC Board of Trustees

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:22:55 -0500

Gonzalo, thanks for sharing this announcement. Big congratulations to Andrew! Great news for ISOC, the IETF, and the Internet. And I echo your thanks to Kathy for her leadership and support at the helm of ISOC.

Alissa

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 11:23 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>