Subject: Re: AD Time

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 08:27:26 -0700

Hi Ted,
At 10:37 AM 25-07-2018, Ted Lemon wrote:
>It's true that there is no one obvious right answer.   However, we 
>are not lacking in data about all the three conjectures you've proposed.
>
>As to the first, we are having this conversation because this method 
>is not producing a diversity of candidates.
>As to the second, we are having this conversation because this 
>method has been shown to be similarly sketchy.
>As to the third, we have no data.

The word "diversity" in the text quoted above is ambiguous.  A past 
description for AD stated that the weekly workload is about 15 to 20 
hours.  It may take more time than that as it depends on the person's 
view of the role of an AD.  The shadow requirement is that the person 
is expected to be well-funded.  The alternative of directly paying 
"volunteers" might have side effects which people who send emails to 
this mailing list might view as undesirable.  As you mentioned, there 
isn't an obvious right answer.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy