Subject: Archives questions

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:19:52 +0200

Hi all,

Corinne (cc) and I are doing some qualitative and quantitative analysis
of IETF and IRTF mailinglists (partially using BigBang [0]). While doing
this we found out that there are some discrepancies between different
mailinglist archives. For instance compare these two:

https://ietf.org/mail-archive/text/hrpc/

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/hrpc/?so=date#

One start in April 2015, and the other starts in October 2014. This can
be attributed to a mailinglist migration, but it begs the question which
archive is authoritative, and why are there two different archives?

Another related question is whether there is a list or mailinglists that
are used for RGs and WGs that are not being hosted here:
https://ietf.org/mail-archive/text

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best,

Niels and Corinne

[0] https://github.com/datactive/bigbang/

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Researcher and PhD Candidate
Datactive Research Group
University of Amsterdam

PGP fingerprint	   2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3