Subject: Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-test-09

From: Datatracker on behalf of Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:46:04 -0800

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-test-09
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2019-03-06
IETF LC End Date: 2019-02-11
IESG Telechat date: 2019-03-07

Summary:

I remain concerned as to whether the advice regarding the use of these tests on
or in proximity to production networks is strict enough,

Major issues:
Although the security section has been revised since my review of -08, I remain
concerned as to whether the advice against testing of production networks is
strict enough.

I know that performance testing on production networks has given problems in
the past, and this is really no different.

The OPS and SEC ADs should satisfy themselves as to whether the new text is
adequate in this regards.

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

  ** There are 6 instances of too long lines in the document, the longest one
     being 4 characters in excess of 72.

  ** The document seems to lack a both a reference to RFC 2119 and the
     recommended RFC 2119 boilerplate, even if it appears to use RFC 2119
     keywords.

     RFC 2119 keyword, line 458: '...didate proposals MAY show the effectiv...'

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 22:49:53 -0500

Stewart, thanks for your reviews. Zahed, thanks for your responses. I entered a No Objection ballot. I think the limitations for controlled environments are described clearly enough.

Alissa

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 2:46 PM, Datatracker on behalf of Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art