Subject: Re: cultural sensitivity towards new comers (was Re: voting rights in general)

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:05:25 +0100

Hi,I have taken week long cross cultural sensitivity courses. One thing they seem to rely on is having a degree of sensitivity in at least one culture.  Some groups might have difficulty in meeting that initial condition.Or put another way, hard to learn to be polite to other cultures without first learning to be polite in your own.AvriSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
null

---

From: Mary B <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:51:01 +0100

Exactly what Avri said.  We aren't the most socially adept crowd.  You only
have to watch the proceedings at the cookie table to see that.    And, this
isn't a new problem, it's just that we don't seem to have made any progress
since we had the Miss Manners plenary talk 50+ meetings ago:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/53/slides/plenary-3/index.html

Mary

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 9:06 AM [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have taken week long cross cultural sensitivity courses. One thing they
> seem to rely on is having a degree of sensitivity in at least one culture.
> Some groups might have difficulty in meeting that initial condition.
>
> Or put another way, hard to learn to be polite to other cultures without
> first learning to be polite in your own.
>
> Avri
>
>
>
> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
>