Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-manet-dlep-latency-extension-04

From: Stewart Bryant via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 02:57:45 -0700

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-latency-extension-04
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2019-06-26
IETF LC End Date: 2019-07-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: A very simple well written document ready for publication except for
one nit and one question.

Major issues: None.

Minor issues:

      A 64-bit unsigned integer, representing the longest transmission
      delay, in microseconds, that a packet encounters as it is
      transmitted over the link.

SB> That is a range 0..58000 years. I wonder if it would have been
SB> useful to have used ns at a cost of limiting the range to
SB> only 0..58 years?

==========

Nits/editorial comments:

                      DLEP Latency Range Extension
               draft-ietf-manet-dlep-latency-extension-04

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to the DLEP protocol to provide
   the range of latency that may be experienced on a link.

SB> I am not sure what the policy WRT to RFC titles is, but DLEP is
SB> not well known and should be expanded in the abstract.
==============