Subject: Predictable Numeric Identifiers (Fwd: [Pearg] Call for Adoption: Two drafts on Numeric IDs)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:11:32 +0300

Folks,

Over time we have discussed this topic on a number of mailing-lists and
side meetings with a number of folks.

The topic is now being discussed on the PEARG list
(https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/pearg), where there is an ongoing
wg call for adoption
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/pearg/YlTn3VlnwFbnJ0IgNLTtLwg6W0c).

Notes:
* All three documents below used to be part of a single document, but we
did the split upon request from the community.

* Among other things, this work aims to avoid having new specs and
implementations face similar issues (regarding their numeric IDs) to
those of other specs and implementations

Thanks,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Pearg] Call for Adoption: Two drafts on Numeric IDs
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 12:56:35 +0100
From: Sara Dickinson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi All,
There are currently 3 drafts related to Numeric IDs that have been
discussed on various IETF/IRTF lists:

* https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-history
* https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation
* https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations

This email starts a two week Call for Adoption for two of these drafts
which have been proposed as suitable work for PEARG:

1) Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-history-05

2) On the Generation of Transient Numeric Identifiers:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation-04

Please review both these draft to see if you think they are suitable for
adoption by PEARG and send comments to the list, clearly stating your view.

** Because they are so closely related, we are requesting that people
send an initial single response to this email but state their opinion
separately for each of the above drafts in that response **
Note that the third draft is currently in the IETF stream as an AD
sponsored submisssion.

This call for adoption ends on 21st August 2019.

Sara. -- Pearg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/pearg