Subject: Turn HotRFCs into Bumps at Virtual IETFs?

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 11:59:05 -0400

The HOPE conference is also on this week. Which means I can attend both...

One feature they have is 'bumps' which are short videos that they show in
the intervals between talks. And while I was watching them, it occurred to
me that this is what we should do with HotRFC talks - in the virtual format
at least.

Maybe we should do HOTRFC in video somehow for in-person as well.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 13:09:49 -0400

> Maybe we should do HOTRFC in video somehow for in-person as well.

+1
ideally, mediated via gather.town, so that people in the vicinity of each
other can babble about it.
I think that it can embed youtube links.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 10:45:40 -0700

> I think that it can embed youtube links.

It can definitely embed video links of some form; see the "10 things about
the IETF" in the newcomers' area.

-Ben