Subject: Re: Disappointing take-up of Gather.Town

From: Rich Kulawiec <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 04:42:29 -0400

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:30:56PM +0100, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> Or are we all really just antisocial?

Some people, perhaps many people, are -- which is why it's a tactical
error for the IETF to construct processes or hold events that attempt to
force those people into social situations.   Just as physical meetings
are a terrible idea, because they discriminate heavily in favor of those
people with wealth and privilege, forced social activity is a terrible
idea because it discriminates heavily in favor of people who have the
luxury of participation and the desire to do so.

---rsk

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:09:12 +0100

Oh, I hope there wasn't any hint of compulsion in my email!
Adrian
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Rich Kulawiec
Sent: 27 August 2020 09:42
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Disappointing take-up of Gather.Town

---rsk