Subject: Re: When you close the Meetecho meeting...

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 13:55:21 -0500

Hi George -

The question wasn't about using codimd, but about using it through the 
embedded iframe meetecho provides instead of just connecting to it 
directly (in another browser tab for instance).

RjS

On 7/30/20 6:51 PM, George Michaelson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:37 AM Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 2020-07-30, at 16:02, Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> The minute-takers find their session is also closed!
>> Is any minute-taker using the embedded (iframe) codimd?
>> That sounds hard to do…
> I did. it short circuits the publication burden, its community edit so
> spellcheck and format can be dealt with by others, its Markdown and it
> has sublime (vi) and classic emacs bindings. Yes, its a bit slow and
> janky, but for total life cycle it is pretty good and it is LIVE.
>
>> Grüße, Carsten
>>

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Aug 2020 18:00:42 -0400

>directly (in another browser tab for instance).

I could never get the iframe to work (Chrome on a Mac). The spinnner
just spun forever.  In a separate window it worked fine.

Given that every browser shipped this millenium supports multiple
windows I think the iframe is a misfeature. It'd be at least as useful
and work better and to have a link that opened it in a different
window.

R's,
John