Subject: 2021 ICANN Leadership Position Application Round opened

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:57:11 +0100

As the IETF's appointee to the ICANN NomCom I would like to inform
the IETF community that the application process for the 2021 round
has been opened yesterday.

The 2021 NomCom will fill nine open leadership positions:

  o Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors
  o Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee
    (ALAC) – (one each from Africa, Asia/Australia/Pacific Islands,
    and Latin America/Caribbean regions)
  o Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council
  o One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)
    Council

ICANN's NomCom process is confidential.  Names of condidates will not be 
disclosed and no feedback collected (except for references to be explicitly 
named by the applicant).

Familiarity with or prior involvement in ICANN might be helpful, but
it is not a formal prerequisite. Please find more information about the
ICANN NomCom, the open positions and the application process at

        <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2021-01-25-en>
and     <https://www.icann.org/nomcom2021>

Kind regards,
   Peter Koch