Subject: [IMA] FWD: FWD: I-D ACTION:draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:15:06 -0400

Hi.

The attached two messages were sent to the IMA list on 30 
September and 3 October, respectively.  They apparently got 
buried as spam or otherwise disappeared.  I hope they will get 
through this time -- sorry for not resending sooner.

In the interim, the BOF slot has been approved and is on the 
agenda and Harald Alvestrand has agreed to chair it.

    john

Subject: FWD: I-D ACTION:draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt
From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:21:20 -0400

Hi.

Largely as the result of a JET meeting last week, this list can
expect a number of drafts to be posted within the next few days.
Discussion on those drafts will, obviously, take place here.

The key drafts are going to be:

(1) An overview/ framework document, to be posted under the name
draft-klensin-ima-framework-00.   It discusses all of the other
documents, including some as yet unwritten, and provides
pointers to them.

(2) A draft discussing the SMTP extension to support i18n
addressing and UTF-8 headers.  It goes into more detail on the
addressing issues than the header ones, which are covered in
(3).  This is draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00, announced in the
attached.

(3) A draft discussing UTF-8 headers and their implementations.
This will be posted as draft-yeh-ima-utf8headers-00

(4) A preliminary draft charter for a WG

Other draft documents, including ones that discuss issues with
in-transit downgrading and IMAP/POP, are in the pipeline and
should appear before the Vancouver posting deadline.   More
details about those drafts and the relationship among them
appear in (4) and (1).

This effort by the JET team is intended to jump-start the
process of identifying alternatives and moving toward protocol
documents.  While it has generated a tentative framework and a
number of base documents, the effort should be considered a
design team one, with responsibility and change control from the
time an IETF WG is created belonging to that WG.

     john

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:50:01 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP extension for internationalized email address
	Author(s)	: J. Yao
	Filename	: draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-9-30
	
   The internationalized email address (IMA) should be solved in the
   transport-level, which is an architecturally desirable approach.
   This document specifies the use of SMTP extension for
   internationalized email address (IMA) delivery.  And also mention
   about the backward compatible mechanism for downgrade procedure, as
   specified in an associated specification.  The protocol propoesed
   here is MTA-level solution which is feasible, architecturally more
   elegant, and not as difficult to deploy in relevant communities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yao-ima-smtpext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

Subject: Proposed BOF, WG charter, and more documents
From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:10:21 -0400

Hi.

I'm attaching a BOF proposal that just went in, with an
associated draft WG charter.   The overview document,
draft-klensin-ima-framework-00.txt was posted earlier today.

Comments welcome, of course.
    john
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:10:14 -0400

Hi.

    john

Hi.

     john

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Hi.