Subject: [EAI] ORCPT / RFC3461

From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:18:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've brought this up on the meeting briefly and it was recommended to take 
this to the mail list (did not have time to write until now). The issue
is that current EAI drafts appear to overlook issues that may arise for
when using ORCPT extension (to RCPT keyword) as specified in RFC3461
(and 1891 before it).

More specifically ORCPT specified email address of "original recipient"
so that the sender could receive appropriate delivery notification
(both non-deliveries and those to be used with message tracking).
That address as specified write now has typical ASCII format (called
rfc822 address-type) and so you need to address this and specify how
(or if or when) UTF address can be passed with this keyword extension.
I suspect there will have to be used and registered new UTF8 address-
type for use with internationalized addresses.

-- 
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:21:34 +0100

william(at)elan.net wrote:

> I've brought this up on the meeting briefly and it was recommended to 
> take this to the mail list (did not have time to write until now). The 
> issue

Indeed. I was trying to raise this issue before.

---

From: Yangwoo Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:46:49 +0900

At a first glance, ORCPT is flexible than most of existing email
address slots.
I guess we may use something like;

    ORCPT=utf8smtp; utf8@idn ALT-ADDR=all-ASCII@domain

If we do this, then EAI downgrade procedure also needs to handle
this if session downgrade is inevitable.

More suggestions are welcome.