Subject: [EAI] downgrade annotations and RCPT TO

From: Tony Finch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:44:09 +0100

As I understand it, the rough consensus of the group is that email between
two UTF8 users should go through UTF8 infrastructure, and downgrading is
only used when a UTF8 user is emailing an ASCII user.

This implies that downgrade information (ATOM^H^H^H^H DOWNGRADABLE and
ALT_ADDRESS) on RCPT commands is not necessary.

This has the consequence that it is a configuration error to have a
non-UTF8-capable MTA agent in the transmission path between two UTF8
users, and if one is encountered the message must be bounced.

Tony.
-- 
f.a.n.finch  <[email-masked]>  http://dotat.at/
FISHER NORTH GERMAN BIGHT: WEST VEERING NORTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 IN
NORTHEAST FISHER. FAIR. MODERATE BECOMING GOOD.

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima