Subject: [EAI] Call for interop proposals (fwd)

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:42:26 +0530

this was mentioned in the Vancouver meeting as something EAI might want to 
participate in.

It may be too early still; while interoperability results are traditionally 
"we don't talk about other people's problems", I don't think it is 
realistic to keep secret who participates in such an event.

                   Harald

------------ Forwarded Message ------------
Date: 9. januar 2008 17:13 -0800
From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
To: Apps Discuss <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lisa Dusseault's Chairs <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked]
Subject: Call for interop proposals

At the Apps area open meeting in Vancouver, Chris & I mentioned the
possibility of doing a day of interoperability events at the next IETF
meeting.  This would replace a day of Apps area meetings during the normal
meeting hours and in the normal meeting location.  Ideally it would allow
people to come to the IETF for more than just "their" meeting (although we
have always hoped they can attend other WG meetings as well) and
participants may get more benefit and better justification for attending.

If we're going to do this, we need proposals: what topic  ( IDs, RFCs,
suites or functionality) will be tested.  I don't think interops will need
a lot of management but volunteer coordinators would be ideal.  Proposals
will need to be followed quickly by some indications of who will
participate.  WG scheduling is already open and we need to tell the
Secretariat immediately if they need to reserve a day for interops.

Proposals should probably be posted on some relevant subject mailing list
to quickly generate discussion among potential participants -- not
everybody reads Apps Discuss.

Thanks,
Lisa

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima