Subject: [EAI] Some quick comments on draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-03.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:41:43 +0100

Hi Pete,
I've scanned through the diff between -02 and -03, and here are a couple 
of comments (I didn't read the whole draft in details):

In Section 3.3:

   When an IMAP server advertises the "UTF8" capability, the server MUST
   NOT return in LIST results any mailbox names to the client following
   the IMAP4 Mailbox International Naming Convention. Instead, the
   server MUST return any mailbox names with characters outside the US-ASCII
   repertorie using utf8-quoted syntax.

I think this text needs to make it clear that this behaviour is only 
enabled after ENABLE UTF-8. I.e. the server MUST NOT send mailboxes 
using utf8-quoted before ENABLE UTF-8

In Section 3.4.2:

   The \NoUTF8 mailbox attribute indicates an attempt to
   SELECT or EXAMINE that mailbox with the UTF8 parameter will fail with
   a [NOT-UTF-8] response code. The \UTF8Only mailbox attribute
   indicates an attempt to SELECT or EXAMINE that mailbox without the
   UTF8 parameter will fail with a [UTF-8-ONLY] response code.

This is missing ABNF. Suggested ABNF:

   resp-text-code =/ "NOT-UTF-8" / "UTF-8-ONLY"

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:06:11 -0500

>using utf8-quoted before ENABLE UTF-8

I will make that clear in this paragraph.

>    resp-text-code =/ "NOT-UTF-8" / "UTF-8-ONLY"

Thanks. Will add.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102
_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima