Subject: [imap5] IMAPMOVE: a word about the mailing list

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:09:09 -0400

After batting around all the options, here's what we've decided to do
(following Cyrus's suggestion):

As you probably all know, there is an existing mailing list at
imc.org, called ietf-imapext;[1] it was used for the (long closed)
imapext working group.[2]

The IESG now strongly prefers to have working group mailing lists at
ietf.org, and Paul Hoffman would like to retire the IETF-related
mailing lists that are at imc.org.

I have, therefore, requested the creation of [email-masked], and
have asked that the subscriptions (and, if possible, the archive) be
moved over from the imc.org list.  So, if you are subscribed to
[email-masked], you will automatically be subscribed to
[email-masked].  We will use that list for this working group, and
the next iteration of the proposed charter will reflect that.

(As a side note, I have also requested the creation of several other
non-working-group mailing lists, such as ietf-822 and ietf-smtp, to
similarly move over from imc.org.)
(As another side note, if it's not feasible to move the archives to
the new home at ietf.org, Paul will leave the archives open at
imc.org.  Nothing will be lost.)

Barry, Applications AD

[1] http://www.imc.org/ietf-imapext/
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/wg/imapext/

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 23:53:39 -0400

I'd like to also publicly thank Paul for his hosting these groups over 
these many years. (I still remember fondly the imap interops we had that 
IMC hosted. Fun times. :-) )

     Tony Hansen
     [email-masked]

On 6/1/2012 10:09 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> imap5 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imap5