Subject: Re: [imapext] Draft for server-side incremental threading

From: Jan Kundrát <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:49:17 +0200

Hi,
I haven't received much feedback on this incremental thread topic. The
draft now lives on the IETF's web [1].

A quick recap of why it is needed:

- My client issues "UID THREAD $algo $charset ALL" and relies on
server-side threading.
- It doesn't fetch anything but UID and FLAGS for all messages in a mailbox.
- When new message arrives, it cannot therefore "plug" it into the
threading tree without performing expensive operations.

The uploaded draft has seen only some minor editing for English fixes
and better style; there have been no important changes since the
previous post.

I'll appreciate your feedback on this draft as well. Are there any
server vendors willing to implement this?

With kind regards,
Jan

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kundrat-incthread-00

-- 
Trojita, a fast e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/