Subject: Re: [imapext] I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-00.txt

From: Bron Gondwana <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 21:32:45 +1000

[catching up on old list emails, have been crazy busy with other things
 for far too long, sorry]

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013, at 08:15 AM, Adrien W. de Croy wrote:
> while we're talking about such things, we should revisit the hard-limit 
> on any IMAP message of 4GB (max unsigned 32 bits).
> 
> I think the time will come quite soon where this limit is unsufficient

It's hard coded in Cyrus index files.  At least I think I've converted
everything internally to size_t, so when we switch to 64 bit indexes,
the rest will just work[tm].

> As for LITERAL+ limits, our implementation drops to file over a 
> threshold, so can go as large as there is free disk space.  It would be 
> more work to figure out a limit to advertise than it's worth for us, so 
> lack of advertisement should mean no restriction.

Cyrus too - it's gmail and similar that slurp the file into memory for
processing that need to care (at least for now - one day a 4Gb file will
probably not be a concern)

Bron.

-- 
  Bron Gondwana
  [email-masked]