Subject: [IMRG] Modelling and Measuring the Internet

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:45:21 +0100

Dear colleagues,

Many researchers are currently working on developing new techniques to 
better model and measure the Internet. There are already several 
conferences devoted to this field, but few courses have been dedicated 
to the topic. Within the E-Next Network of Excellence ( 
http://www.ist-e-next.net/ ), Steve Uhlig organised a three days 
workshop dedicated to this topic. The workshop was composed of seven 
tutorial presentations on several important modelling methods and 
measurement results :

- Gianluca Iannacone (intel) gave a tutorial on Passive measurements of 
IP networks.
- Augustin Soule (LIP6) described several measurement and 
characterization techniques that are applicable to Traffic Matrices
- Steve Uhlig (UCL) presented a macroscopic characterization of Internet 
traffic
- Patrice Abry (ENS) explained several multi-scale traffic modeling 
techniques that can applied to Internet traffic
- Chadi Barakat (INRIA) has presented the state of the art and  several 
issues related to TCP modeling
- Benoît Claise (Cisco systems) has explained how NetFlow can be used to 
measure the Internet
- Philippe Owerzarski (LAAS) discussed the utilisation of Internet 
traffic modeling techniques to detect attacks

We are happy to announce that the entire workshop has been recorded and 
that the lectures are available as zip files containing the slides as 
well as the audio and the video of each teacher from our web site :

     http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/E-Next/

The recordings should play on any Windows PC. Feel free to send us 
suggestions/comments on topics that would be of interest for future courses.

Best regards,

Olivier Bonaventure and Steve Uhlig

-- 
CSE Dept. UCL, Belgium - http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/people/OBO/

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg