Subject: [IMRG] Call For Proposals: ACM SIGCOMM 2011 Workshops

From: Nicolas Christin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 19:00:45 -0400

[apologies for any duplicate - this call can also be found on the
ACM SIGCOMM 2011 website, at
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2011/ ]

       Call For Proposals: ACM SIGCOMM 2011 Workshops

SIGCOMM  2011  will  hold multiple one-day workshops in con-
junction with the conference, to be held in Toronto, Canada,
August  15  to 19, 2011. Workshops will take place on Monday
August 15 and Friday August 19.  We  invite  you  to  submit
workshop  proposals on any topic related to the broad set of
research and application areas covered the by  SIGCOMM  con-
ference  and SIG. Proposals on emerging topics guaranteed to
generate significant  interest  in  the  community  will  be
selected.  SIGCOMM  2011 invites proposals for returning and
new workshops.

A workshop proposal should contain at  least  the  following
information:

 o Motivation and rationale for the workshop

 o A draft Call For Papers (CFP), as complete as possible

 o The workshop deadlines (internal and external)

 o Names  and  affiliations of main organizers and tentative
   composition of the committees (as complete as possible)

 o Workshop  format,  i.e.,  expected  number  of  presented
   papers, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, etc.

 o Expected number of submissions and participants

 o Prior  history of this workshop, if any, including number
   of submissions, number of accepted papers,  and  attendee
   count.  If  the workshop was co-located with another con-
   ference please include details and  a  brief  description
   why SIGCOMM is a more appropriate venue.

Note  that workshop format itself should favor interaction
among participants as well as community building.

Email proposals by Tuesday November 3, 2010 in PDF  to
[email-masked]

Important workshop dates

Workshop proposals due          Wednesday November 3, 2010
Notification of Acceptance      Thursday November 25, 2010
Workshop Call for Papers due    Friday December 10, 2010

Please not that there are only three weeks between the noti-
fication and the final CFP. Therefore, we encourage  you  to
contact your potential PC before submitting the proposal.

Additional important workshops dates

Paper  submissions  deadline    before  March 20, 2011
Paper accept notifications      before end of April, 2011
Camera ready due                before end of May, 2011
Program available online        before mid-June, 2011
List of organization details    before mid-June, 2011

In order for the workshops to be synchronized with  prepara-
tions  for  the  main conference and with travel grants, the
dates above must be  followed  strictly  by  all  workshops.
Please contact the SIGCOMM 2011 Workshop chairs Ken Calvert
([email-masked]) and Ellen Zegura ([email-masked])
with any questions.