Subject: RE: [imss] imss WG Last Call: Fibre Channel RSCN, Fabric Config S vr, and Zone Svr MIBs

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:24:41 +0200

Here are the SMICng results:

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng T11-FC-FABRIC-CONFIG-SERVER-MIB.inc
  W: f(T11-FC-FABRIC-CONFIG-SERVER-MIB.mi2), (716,15) Row 
  "t11FcsPortListEntry" does not have a consistent indexing scheme
  - index items from current table must come after index items from
  other tables

  *** 0 errors and 1 warning in parsing

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng T11-FC-FABRIC-LOCK-MIB.inc
  Successful parsing

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng T11-FC-RSCN-MIB.inc
  E: f(T11-FC-RSCN-MIB.mi2), (198,5) Missing comma between sequence items

  *** 1 error and 0 warnings in parsing

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB.inc
  W: f(T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB.mi2), (959,15) Row "t11ZsSetZoneEntry"
  does not have a consistent indexing scheme - cannot specify an index
  item from additional "base row" t11ZsSetEntry, since can have only one
  "base row" which is t11ZsZoneEntry

  *** 0 errors and 1 warning in parsing

The two warnings for inconistent indexing are possibly OK if what we did
is indeed intended.

The missing comma should be fixed. It is in this table:
T11FcRscnStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    t11FcRscnInScrs                    Counter32,
    t11FcRscnInRscns                   Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutRscns                  Counter32,
    t11FcRscnInSwRscns                 Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutSwRscns                Counter32,
    t11FcRscnScrRejects                Counter32,
    t11FcRscnRscnRejects               Counter32,
    t11FcRscnSwRscnRejects             Counter32
    t11FcRscnInUnspecifiedRscns        Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutUnspecifiedRscns       Counter32,
    t11FcRscnInChangedAttribRscns      Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutChangedAttribRscns     Counter32,
    t11FcRscnInChangedServiceRscns     Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutChangedServiceRscns    Counter32,
    t11FcRscnInChangedSwitchRscns      Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutChangedSwitchRscns     Counter32,
    t11FcRscnInRemovedRscns            Counter32,
    t11FcRscnOutRemovedRscns           Counter32
}

Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 02:26
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [imss] imss WG Last Call: Fibre Channel RSCN, Fabric Config
> Svr, and Zone Svr MIBs
> 
> 
> This is to announce an imss WG Last Call on the following
> three MIB drafts:
> 
>      Fibre Channel Registered State Change Notification (RSCN) MIB
>                    draft-ietf-imss-fc-rscn-mib-00.txt
> 
>              Fibre-Channel Fabric Configuration Server MIB
>                    draft-ietf-imss-fc-fcs-mib-00.txt
> 
>                      Fibre-Channel Zone Server MIB
>                     draft-ietf-imss-fc-zs-mib-00.txt
>  
> This WG Last Call will run through 12 midnight Eastern Time on
> Sunday, September 17, 2006 (your WG chair hopes to deal with
> Last Call results during the week of September 18th).
> 
> Technical comments *must* be sent to the imss mailing list.
> Editorial comments may be sent directly to the draft editor
> (but please cc: me) - all three drafts have the same editor:
> 
> 		Keith McCloghrie [[email-masked]]
> 
> Thanks,
> --David (imss WG chair)
> ----------------------------------------------------
> David L. Black, Senior Technologist
> EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
> +1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
> [email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
> ----------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> imss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss
> 

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:48:31 +0200

SMIlint tells me the following:

  C:\smi\mibs\work>smilint -m -s -l 6 ./T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB
  ./T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB:117: [5] {type-without-format} warning:
   type `T11ZsZoneMemberType' has no format specification

It is just a warning. Yet we may want to add a DISPLAY-HINT.

  C:\smi\mibs\work>smilint -m -s -l 6 ./T11-FC-RSCN-MIB

  C:\smi\mibs\work>smilint -m -s -l 6 ./T11-FC-FABRIC-LOCK-MIB

  C:\smi\mibs\work>smilint -m -s -l 6 ./T11-FC-FABRIC-CONFIG-SERVER-MIB
  ./T11-FC-FABRIC-CONFIG-SERVER-MIB:706: [5] {index-element-not-accessible}
  warning: exactly one index element of row `t11FcsPortListEntry' 
  must be accessible

I think this is fine. It is telling us that an INDEX object is accesible
(normally it should not be accessible), but it explains us why this is OK.

  ./T11-FC-FABRIC-CONFIG-SERVER-MIB:75: [5] {type-without-format} warning:
  type `T11ListIndex' has no format specification
  ./T11-FC-FABRIC-CONFIG-SERVER-MIB:85: [5] {type-without-format} warning:
  type `T11ListIndexPointer' has no format specification

It is just two warnings. Yet we may want to add a DISPLAY-HINT.

Bert

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:48:31 +0200

SMIC strict checking reveals the following:

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicstrict

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB.inc
  W: f(T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB.mi2), (959,15) Row "t11ZsSetZoneEntry"
  does not have a consistent indexing scheme - cannot specify an
  index item from additional "base row" t11ZsSetEntry, since can
  have only one "base row" which is t11ZsZoneEntry

Keith, what is your comments on this one?

  W: f(T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB.mi2), (2254,20) Variable "ifIndex"
  in notification "t11ZsMergeFailureNotify" is an index for a table
  W: f(T11-FC-ZONE-SERVER-MIB.mi2), (2269,20) Variable "ifIndex" in
  notification "t11ZsMergeSuccessNotify" is an index for a table

I do not see the above two as fatal flaws. We could pass ifAlias,
or some other columnar-object of the ifTable I guess. That would make
the warning go away, and we would be sending extra information in
the notification.

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng T11-FC-RSCN-MIB.inc
  E: f(T11-FC-RSCN-MIB.mi2), (198,5) Missing comma between sequence
  items

Just add the comma (as stated earlier).

is OK

Keith, can you comment?

Bert