Subject: [Insipid] Changes to INSIPID requirements draft

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 17:37:26 +0200

Based on the virtual interim we have just had, this is my summary of the changes needed to the requirements document. These had consensus in the "meeting room", but I am putting these on the list for a few days to give changes for objections, but otherwise I'll ask Paul Jones to proceed with a revision early next week based on these changes.

Paul, if you think I've missed anything then please post a response.

1)	Use case in section 3.2 is removed.

"3.2. Session Recording

   A SIP Session is established between UA A and UA B with a SIP B2BUA
   acting as a middlebox. Both UA A and UA B establish a recording
   session with a session recording server (SRS) using the SIPREC
   protocol. The SRS needs to be able to determine from the metadata
   provided by UA A and UA B that the media streams are associated with
   the same communication session (CS).

   Derived Requirements: REQ1, REQ3, REQ4"

2)	Use case in section 3.5 is removed.

"3.5. Identification of devices in the same conference

   SIP messaging can easily be multipoint in nature, specifically with
   several UAs communicating with a multipoint control unit (MCU) as
   part of a conference. The ability to distinguish all participants in
   single focus based multipoint conference to be identified as in the
   same communications session with all the other participants (i.e., in
   a single star configuration), verses in another conference session.

   Derived Requirements: REQ3"

3)	In section 3.7, removes references to "acounting, billing".

4)	In section 3.9 add a sentence that indicates the use case does not extend to 3 or more SIP UAs. Existing text already indicates two SIP UAs.

5)	In section 4, REQ3 is removed.

   "REQ3: It must be possible for a device other than the conference
   focus to correlate sessions participating in a multipoint or multi-
   party conference on a single focus by observing the end-to-end
   session identifiers of each session."

This is the bare bones as I don't want to duplicate the meeting report which will come out separately.

Regards

Keith