Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:24:15 +0100

[ Cross-posted to HIP WG and IPv6 WG.  ]
[ Please reply _only_ to the INT area. ]

Folks,

draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt has been updated based on feedback 
received from IETFers. 

The HIP base specification currently has a hard dependency on this 
draft and therefore it would be desirable to have it published as an 
RFC as soon as possible, since the HIP base specification is now 
quite mature. This draft intent is to make it possible for existing 
applications running on a HIP node to use both HIP and IPv6 at the 
same time, in the hope that it will foster the HIP experiment.

Your opinions on moving forward with this draft are more than 
welcomed.

Best regards,

--julien

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt
Date: Friday 03 March 2006 21:50
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
 directories.

	Title		: An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
 Identifiers (ORCHID) Author(s)	: P. Nikander, et al.
	Filename	: draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-3-3

This document introduces Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
Identifiers (ORCHID) as a new, experimental class of IPv6-address-
like identifiers.  These identifiers are intended to be used as end-
point identifiers at applications and APIs and not as identifiers for
network location at the IP layer, i.e., locators.  They are designed
to appear as application layer entities and at the existing IPv6
APIs, but they should not appear in actual IPv6 headers.  To make
them more like vanilla IPv6 addresses, they are expected to be
routable at an overlay level.  Consequently, while they are
considered as non-routable addresses from the IPv6 layer point of
view, all existing IPv6 applications are expected to be able to use
them in a manner compatible with current IPv6 addresses.

This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of the
IPv6 addressing space for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
Identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body
 of the message. You can also visit
 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce to change your
 subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
 username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
 logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
julien

-- 
julien
_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area