Subject: Re: [Int-area] Further additions to -thaler-ip-model-evolution

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:13:23 -0700

Hi, Matt (and Dave),

Matt Mathis wrote:
| One might argue that the assumptions below are not really part of the IP
| model, but rather about how IP is deployed.

Or commonly implemented. To that end, some assumptions are encoded in
the link characteristics RFC. That document basically says:

	"IP assumes link property X; if you're designing a link
	for existing IP, build that property in and IP will work
	well. otherwise, it'll work, but not as efficiently/simply."

Some of the observations in the current doc amount to "maybe we want to
change the way IP is tuned to property X". It might be worth scraping
issues from that RFC for this doc...

Joe

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area