Subject: [Int-area] FW: interim meeting on the topic of ipv4-ipv6 co-existence

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 02:02:53 +0300

FYI. Registration is now open, and hotel information is on the wiki:

> An interim meeting will be organized on October 1 - 2 in Montreal,
> Canada to continue discussions about the IPv4 and IPv6 co-existence,
> NAT-PT replacement, and new tunneling or translation solutions to
> address needs in this space. This is a meeting that affects work
> happening in a number of WGs (SOFTWIRE, V6OPS, BEHAVE, INTAREA).
>
> A wiki page containing more information about the meeting has been
> set up at http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/int/trac/wiki/v4v6interim
>
> We are currently working to provide hotel recommendations and other
> details.
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
>   

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

---

From: Rémi Després <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:44:31 +0200

The agenda in http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/int/trac/wiki/v4v6interim
has, for the APBP item of the agenda, draft-despres-v6ops-apbp as the
reference document.

In addition, slides 1-11 of the Dublin presentation
www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/slides/v6ops-8/v6ops-8, which are more up
to date, are useful.

Slides 12-20 can be ignored.
(The ad hoc protocol, despite its simplicity, is now proposed to be
replaced by an even simpler use of DHCP, the mapping between IPv4
address + port range and IPv6 addresses becoming static).

New material on this is planned to be brought to the meeting.

Note also that APBP (actually its revised version) fits in the "tunnel 
based solutions" item of the agenda.

Regards,

RD