Subject: [Int-area] WGLC for draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:48:54 +0300

This is the start of the two week WG last call period for 
draft-atlas-icmp-unnumered. Please send comments by September 20th, 
2008. The intended status of the draft is Proposed Standard.

Given that there has been other proposals in this space too and some 
discussion about what the drafts should contain: please take the 
intended scope of the document as ICMP extensions useful for retrieving 
more interface and next-hop related information in a traceroute/error 
situation. That is, please consider whether functionality defined in 
draft-watkins-icmptype11code0 is also something that should be defined. 
I only want to progress one document on this, however (or at least 
coordinate the formats).

Jari

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:31:24 +0300

I agree with Dave's comments. Please address them along with the rest.

Jari

---

From: Alan Watkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:50:21 -0400

I would just like to reiterate my support for the next hop information to
be added as an extension...there are just no alternatives available and the
quicker it makes it in as an extension, the more likely its usefulness will
be exploited.  I believe it is a small addition.

Alan Watkins
Install Strategy and Development
http://isdweb.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com/
919-543-9262

             Jari Arkko                                                    
             <jari.arkko@piuha                                             
             .net>                                                      To 
                                       Internet Area <[email-masked]>   
             09/06/2008 05:48                                           cc 
             AM                        [email-masked] 
                                       etf.org, Ron Bonica                 
                                       <[email-masked]>, "W. Mark     
                                       Townsley" <[email-masked]>,     
                                       Alan Watkins/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,     
                                       draft-watkins-icmptype11code0@tools 
                                       .ietf.org                           
                                                                   Subject 
                                       WGLC for                            
                                       draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered         

                                                                           

Jari

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:36:17 -0700

My comments are in the PDF attached (yeah this makes it hard to
respond to in email, but it's the fastest way for me to review in detail and I
figure you'd rather have comments now than maybe get them later
or maybe not :)

I also read draft-watkins-icmptype11code0 and believe it should
be merged (i.e., next hop IP address information) into the same document.

Because of the technical issues I point out in my review, and the
possible combination with the watkins doc, I would suggest another
WGLC after the next version of the doc comes out.

-Dave

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jari Arkko [[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:48 AM
To: Internet Area
Cc: [email-masked]; Ron Bonica; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Int-area] WGLC for draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered

Jari