Subject: [Int-area] OMA IETF MIF API Workshop - Room info

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:28:50 +0200

OMA IETF MIF API Workshop

Time: Tuesday: 18:10-20:00
Location: room 212/213

1) Program
1.1) OMA OpenCMAPI activity (Thierry Berisot, OMA)
1.2) IETF MIF API Design (Ted Lemon, IETF)
1.3) IETF API related consideration (TBD)
1.4) OMA API Program (Liliana Dinale, OMA)
1.5) Vendor's today implementation (Maybe)
1.6) Next step between IETF and OMA (Thierry, Margaret, and Hui)

2) Purpose
2.1) From IETF, this workshop would help to explain the API related topic,
and clarify what is recommended and not recommended to do and standardized,
if possible, either publish a information document or adding word into the
current MIF api draft about how to use those MIF API for Internet developer.
and some current practices information how today smart terminal is doing.

2.2) From OMA perspective, to socialize OMA’s published specifications and
current ongoing standards activities in the area of APIs. To make sure that
the standards landscape for APIs is coordinated and harmonized. To solicit
feedback about OMA’s specification for Authorization4APIs, which is built
on IETF OAuth as well as OpenCMAPI.

3) Outcomes:
3.1) Future work about how to use those MIF API in an IETF information
 document or inside current MIF API documentfor Internet developers.

3.2) Outcomes OMA: Improved understanding of each others’ activities,
 and a coordinated approach going forward

3.3) Better mutual understanding of the work of both organizations,
 and how to cooperate in the future.