Subject: [Int-area] FMC PS Draft and Bar BoF

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:57:48 -0600

Hi all,

FMC Problem Statement draft  draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-00.txt has been
submitted as below.

We also requested a slot for holding FMC Bar Bof tentatively on
Tuesday, March 28 at 19:30.

If you have a presentation to make please drop a note to us.

Regards,

Behcet & Dirk

A new version of I-D, draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Behcet Sarikaya and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps
Revision:        00
Title:           Problem Statement for Fixed Mobile Convergence
Creation date:   2012-03-02
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20

Abstract:
  The purpose of this document is to analyze the issues that have
  arisen so far and then to propose a set of requirements for the Fixed
  Mobile Convergence.  The term Fixed Mobile Convergence spans several
  scenarios from true integration of fixed and mobile terminals,
  services, and network infrastructure on both technical and management
  level down to pure interworking between fixed and mobile networks in
  serving access for multi-interface terminals like todays&#39;
  smartphones.  In the interworking scenario, the mobile network passes
  on the mobile subscribers policies to the fixed broadband network in
  order to maintain the end-to-end service level agreement and to
  support remote terminal and access network management.  Explicitly,
  the fixed broadband network must have partnership with the mobile
  network in Fixed Mobile Convergence interworking scenario.  This
  document gives a brief overview of the assumed Fixed Mobile
  Convergence architecture and related works and then introduces
  several requirements based on the partnership in Fixed Mobile
  Convergence architecture, such as User Equipment identification and
  authentication, Femto Access Point management, device type
  identification and mobility considerations.

The IETF Secretariat