Subject: Re: [Int-area] Call for agenda items

From: Richard Kelsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:27:14 -0500

Hello,

I would like request a slot to present
draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment.

The draft describes a protocol for dynamically configuring links
in an ad hoc wireless mesh network.  The protocol bridges a gap
between link layer standards, which typically deal with individual
links, and IETF protocols, which assume that the links are up and
running.

The draft does not fit the charter of any active working group.
I would like to present it to the intarea group in order to get a
more thorough review that it would otherwise receive.

This draft has not been presented to any other WG and will not be
presented to any other WG at IETF 83.

                                  -Richard Kelsey

> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:35:45 -0500
> From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
> Received-SPF: Pass (p01c12m097.mxlogic.net: domain of ietf.org designates 12.22.58.30 as permitted sender)
> 
> Hi all,
>    The intarea WG will be meeting in Paris (we have requested a 2 hour
> slot) and we are in the process of setting the agenda. Please send us
> your request for slots detailing
> 
> * Name of the draft
> * Short description of why you think the item needs to be discussed in 
> the intarea meeting
> * Whether the draft has already been presented or will be presented in 
> some other wg/bof.
> 
> Thanks
> Julien and Suresh
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Int-area mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area
>

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 19:10:46 -0800

Hi,

I would like to request a slot for a document which is also related to mesh
networks based on 802.15.4 (lowpan)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cardenas-dff-04

Abstract

   This document describes the Depth-First Forwarding (DFF) protocol for
   IPv6 networks based on the LoWPAN adaptation layer.  The protocol is
   a mesh-under data forwarding mechanism that increases reliability of
   data delivery.

   DFF forwards data frames using a network-wide "depth-first search"
   for the Final Destination of the frame.  DFF may be used in
   conjunction with a mesh-under routing protocol, which provides
   "hints" for DFF in which order to try to send the frame to the
   neighbors discovered by the neighborhood discovery mechanism.

As we have not yet found a home for the draft, I will (also) present it at
the RtgWG. If the chairs believe the draft could be appropriate for the
IntArea WG, then I would like to present it.

Best regards
Ulrich

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Richard Kelsey <[email-masked]>wrote:

> > Received-SPF: Pass (p01c12m097.mxlogic.net: domain of ietf.orgdesignates 12.22.58.30 as permitted sender)
> >
> > Hi all,