Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shore-icmp-aup-03.txt

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:02:16 -0800

Some time back, Ron Bonica asked for a document describing
policies for when and when not to add new message types to
ICMP.  At this point we've gotten feedback from participants
in the OPS area and from specialists outside the IETF, and
would like to invite broader review before moving it towards
publication.

Thanks,

Melinda and Carlos

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shore-icmp-aup-03.txt
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:54:43 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-shore-icmp-aup-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Melinda Shore and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-shore-icmp-aup
Revision:	 03
Title:		 An Acceptable Use Policy for New ICMP Types and Codes
Creation date:	 2013-03-25
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shore-icmp-aup-03.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shore-icmp-aup
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shore-icmp-aup-03
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shore-icmp-aup-03

Abstract:
   Concerns about lack of clarity concerning when to add new Internet
   Control Message Protocol (ICMP) types and/or codes have highlighted a
   need to describe policies for when adding new features to ICMP is
   desirable and when it is not.  In this document we provide a basic
   description of ICMP's role in the IP stack and some guidelines for
   the future.

The IETF Secretariat