Subject: [Int-area] FW: New Version Notification for draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework-02.txt

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:07:21 +0000

This update of the flow metadata framework addresses feedback received
regarding:

1) the relationship of this proposed framework with existing heuristic
based mechanisms
2) clarification on signed/unsigned values
3) change of delay tolerance and loss tolerance attributes to be defined
in terms of a discrete and ordered set of values
4) addition of jitter tolerance attribute

We did not have time to adequately expand on the security considerations,
so it is being kept on the todo list for the next revision.

The previous version of the draft was presented in INTAREA during IETF 87.
A slot has been requested in TSVWG at IETF 88 to present "Flow Metadata
Signaling with RSVP"
(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zamfir-tsvwg-flow-metadata-rsvp), which
applies this framework to RSVP.

Please have a look and and share your comments.

Cheers,
Charles

On 10/21/13 1:45 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework-02.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Toerless Eckert and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework
>Revision:	 02
>Title:		 A Framework for Signaling Flow Characteristics between
>Applications and the Network
>Creation date:	 2013-10-21
>Group:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 18
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-fra
>mework-02.txt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framewo
>rk
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework-02
>Diff:            
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framew
>ork-02
>
>Abstract:
>   This document provides a framework for communicating information
>   elements (a.k.a. metadata) in a consistent manner between
>   applications and the network to provide better visibility of
>   application flows, thereby enabling differentiated treatment of those
>   flows.  These information elements can be conveyed using various
>   signaling protocols, including PCP, RSVP, and STUN.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>