Subject: [Int-area] RFC 7098 on Using the IPv6 Flow Label for Load Balancing in Server Farms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:59:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7098

        Title:      Using the IPv6 Flow Label 
                    for Load Balancing in Server Farms 
        Author:     B. Carpenter, S. Jiang,
                    W. Tarreau
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 30884
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-intarea-flow-label-balancing-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7098.txt

This document describes how the currently specified IPv6 flow label
can be used to enhance layer 3/4 (L3/4) load distribution and
balancing for large server farms.

This document is a product of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC