Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-6man-rfc6874bis-01.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 09:05:53 +1200

FYI, this will be discussed in 6MAN but may be of wider interest. It will also be mentioned in the ART Area meeting, and of course there needs to be some external liaison too.

   Brian Carpenter & Bob Hinden

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-6man-rfc6874bis-01.txt
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:57:06 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Robert M. Hinden
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-6man-rfc6874bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-07-11

Abstract:
   This document describes how the zone identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address, defined as <zone_id> in the IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture
   (RFC 4007), can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a
   Uniform Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It
   updates the URI Generic Syntax specification (RFC 3986) accordingly,
   and obsoletes RFC 6874.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-6man-rfc6874bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-carpenter-6man-rfc6874bis-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-carpenter-6man-rfc6874bis-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt