Subject: (ION) Simulators

From: Shafia Kausar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:17:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

Are there any ATM network simulators available? Specifically which could
simulate a network in which the end systems implement protocols such as
LANE and MPOA.

Thanks
-Shafia
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<</\>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to
burn. 						 -David Russell
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Joachim Buerkle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:37:35 -0400

Hi Shafia,

check the  OPNET Modeler
http://www.mil3.com/products/modeler/home.html
For contact mailto:[email-masked].

For LANE e.g.
http://www.mil3.com/products/modeler/biblio_j_l.htm

 Author: Lew, Albert
 Paper ID Number:  200
 Title: Computer Aided Learning: Lane With Integrated Layer 2 and Layer 3
Protocols
 Publication Date: 3/21/98
 Publisher: Xylan Corporation, Network Modeling Group
 Abstract:
           A LANE model designed in OPNET in conjunction with animated
simulation output is an excellent tool for teaching the protocol itself. LANE is
designed to be used with existing layer 2 and layer 3 protocols and
technologies, such as Spanning Tree, Frame Relay, IPX, virtual LANs and TCP/IP.

- Joachim -

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

---

From: "Constantine Protopapas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:16:11 +0300

Try the Newbridge 46020 MainstreetXpress Network Simulator.

http://www.newbridge.com/products/summaries/msx_46020_sum.html

Contact Newbidge at: mailto:[email-masked]

Here's a excerpt from the datasheet:

Network Simulation
The 46020's Network Simulator can be used to test and model network
resources. The Network Simulator looks and functions like the 46020, but it
allows network operators to simulate and test networks without attached
equipment or bandwidth resources. It is also useful for training new
operators without affecting live network operations, for studying changes to
the existing network, and for designing new networks.

Hope this helps.

Constantine Protopapas
Systems/Network Engineer
e-mail:	[email-masked]
Tel:	++301-6801391

---	"...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to
suffering..."
	STOP THE KILLING IN YUGOSLAVIA!!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Shafia Kausar
Sent: ??µpt?, 22 ?p?????? 1999 4:17 pµ
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (ION) Simulators

Hello,

Thanks
-Shafia
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<</\>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to
burn. 						 -David Russell
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---

From: David W Talmage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:47:54 -0400

>simulate a network in which the end systems implement protocols such as

PRouST is the Naval Research Laboratory's free PNNI Routing Simulation Toolkit.  It implements the full PNNI 1.0 protocol.

PRouST is the companion to SEAN, Signaling Entity for ATM Networks.  SEAN is a free implemntation of UNI 4.0.

Both PRouST and SEAN come with NRL's Component Architecture for Simulating Network Objects (CASiNO), a cool, free library for implementing communication protocol stacks and network simulators.

Neither PRouST nor SEAN has LANE or MPOA but you could add it if you want to.

PRouST is available from https://www.nrl.navy.mil/ccs/project/public/proust/ and https://www.nrl.navy.mil/ccs/project/public/proust/DownloaderPage.html

SEAN is available from https://www.nrl.navy.mil/ccs/project/public/sean/SEAN-dev.html

You might also look for a package called "Intrepid".  One of my colleagues here at the lab tells me that it's free for universities.

David Talmage
-- 
David Talmage ([email-masked])
ITT Industries, Inc., Systems Division
Unsolicited advertising e-mail is not welcome.