Subject: (ION) Protocol Action: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Frame Relay Networks Specification to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:11:02 -0500

The IESG has approved Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Frame Relay
Networks Specification <draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-fr-02.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Internetworking Over
NBMA Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and
Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document defines how to run IPv6 over Frame Relay networks. The
formation of interface IDs (for generating addresses via stateless
address autoconfiguration), the encapsulation format, the mapping of
IPv6 addresses to Frame Relay addresses, and the contents of the
Source/Target link-layer address option for Neighbor Discovery are all
discussed. This document is a companion to "IPv6 over Non-Broadcast
Multiple Access (NBMA) networks", RFC 2491.

Working Group Summary

The WG supported the approach outlined in this document. No issues
were  raised during the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

This protocol has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.