Subject: (ION) draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-07.txt--changes from version 6 to version 7

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:18:25 -0400

Hello Everyone,

This email describes the changes between
version 6 to version 7 (draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-07.txt).
(draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-07.txt is now available.)

1. updated MIB boilerplate with latest version from
   www.ops.ietf.org

2. Reworded last sentence in section 3.1 regarding 
   nhrpNextIndex.

3. changed the name of nhrpNextHopResTable to nhrpCacheTable.
 
4. Added a paragraph to section 3.1.1. describing the
   indexing scheme of nhrpCacheTable

5.  made the names to nhrpCacheTable consistent.  Some of
    these had "Entry" or "Dest" in the object name
    and so these have been made consistent. 

    Also, moved the "StorageType" object to be before
    RowStatus, as is the current convention in MIB design.

    Briefly, the nhrpNextHopResEntry now looks like:

      NhrpCacheEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
          nhrpCacheInternetworkAddrType    AddressFamilyNumbers,
          nhrpCacheInternetworkAddr        NhrpGenAddr,
          nhrpCacheIndex                   Unsigned32,
          nhrpCachePrefixLength            Integer32,
          nhrpCacheNextHopInternetworkAddr NhrpGenAddr,
          nhrpCacheNbmaAddrType            AddressFamilyNumbers,
          nhrpCacheNbmaAddr                NhrpGenAddr,
          nhrpCacheNbmaSubaddr             NhrpGenAddr,
          nhrpCacheType                    INTEGER,
          nhrpCacheState                   INTEGER,
          nhrpCacheHoldingTimeValid        TruthValue,
          nhrpCacheHoldingTime             Unsigned32,
          nhrpCacheNegotiatedMtu           Integer32,
          nhrpCachePreference              Integer32,
          nhrpCacheStorageType             StorageType,
          nhrpCacheRowStatus               RowStatus
      }

6.  Formatting/spacing changes.

7. Removed REF clauses for RFC 1903 (RowStatus).

8. Corrected description for nhrpPurgeNextHopResEntryIdentifier.
   And changed name for nhrpPurgeNextHopResEntryIdentifier to
   nhrpPurgeCacheIdentifier (to be consistent with changes
   document in #5.)

9. Added more detail regarding the default MTU size for
   nhrpClientDefaultMtu. The DEFVAL of 9180 comes
   from IP and ARP over ATM.  What was not clear is that if no
value
   is specified then the default value (which is the default of
   the LIS) is to be used.  The default value is of the LIS is
9180
   This has been reworded and a REFERENCE clause was added.
Also,
   added two references [24] and [25] to the References section.

10. Fixed gap in nhrpClientTable numbering, this is now
sequential.

11.  Removed "Dest" from the name of
nhrpClientNhsDestInternetworkAddr.

12. changed description of nhprClientNhsNbmaAddr to refer to 
    nhrpClientNhsNbmaAddrType.

13. Fixed description of nhrpServerNextHopResTable and also, 
    changed the name of this to nhrpServerCacheTable to be
    consistent with changes documented in #5.

14. fixed spelling mistake.

15. fixed indentation of IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB.

                    Thanks, Joan
                    ([email-masked])
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.