Subject: Re: [Iot-onboarding] Tell us about your BOF proposals

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:42:53 -0500

I think that we should propose a non-WG forming BOF for IETF104.

I would very much like to see some presentations on what exists, with a focus
on commonality of requirements or commonality of mechanisms.  
The idea would be see if we can identify groups or concerns.

BRSKI, at least, needs to have some applicability statements written for it
if it is going to be useful outside of the ANIMA ACP.  And of course there
is the consumer situation and/or the promicuous Registrar situation.
(I'd like a different term though)

IETF Chair <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > For those interested in bringing new work or new ideas to the IETF, we
    > are now accepting proposals for "Birds of a Feather” (BOF) sessions at
    > IETF 104. Instructions for submitting your proposal are available at
    > https://ietf.org/iesg/bof-procedures.html. Please also read
    > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434, Considerations for Having a
    > Successful Birds-of-a-Feather Session, if you are not familiar with
    > it. IETF 104 will take place March 23-29 in Prague, Czech Republic.

    > If you are working on a BOF request but you’re not quite ready to
    > submit it, please tell the IESG now by sending an email to
    > [email-masked] to get advance help with the request. We have a number of
    > ways of bringing new work into the IETF and BOFs are just one of them,
    > so please talk to the IESG or an individual area director
    > (https://ietf.org/iesg/members.html) about your idea if you’re thinking
    > about proposing a BOF.

    > Thanks, Alissa Cooper IETF Chair

    > ----------------------------------------------------
    > Alternatives:

    > ----------------------------------------------------

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-