Subject: Re: [Iot-onboarding] So... looking where we are

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 09:40:02 -0800

first, i might ask on what board we are getting?  my take is the local
network which is under enterprise or personal control.  i.e. i do not
assume becoming part of the global internet.

> Is access to other IP-based devices required in order to fully onboard
> the device?

the access/authorisation/... controller of my lan/network

> Is full Internet access required for onboarding?

i would hope not.  if i want the device to transact with some remote
service, that would be controlled and mediated by my lan's access
service.

> Who becomes the root of trust at the end of onboarding (if any)

my enterprise/lan access/authorisation/... controller

---

ps:

nothing in red in repo/README.md i can see

if a list has an associated git-based repo, it might be cool to start a
conventon where message footers are auto-tagged with the repo url and
less bumph

> Iot-onboarding mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iot-onboarding

randy

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 20:21:17 -0000

> assume becoming part of the global internet.

The point of this survey is to document what different protocols do.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-