Subject: IP/1394 WG shut down plans

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:08:29 -0800

We have discussed shutting down the IP/1394 WG in the past. With RFC 2734
being published ;-) ;-) , the completion of the interoperabily test, and the
soon-to-be-complete 1394 extensions for DHCP I-D, we are approaching the
time to shut down the working group. This is sort of a last call to see if
anyone has new reasons to keep the WG operational - please speak up now! In
the past we have talked about IPv6 and IP over 1394 isoc as potential WG
deliverables. As I've stated before, I think the best approach to working on
those documents is to have a BOF, then if there is interest form a new WG.

If there are no additional comments we should plan on this WG being shut
down at the end of December. This list will still be around for at least
another year for implementation discussions. Also, I think the IP/1394 IETF
WG will be around for a while.

-myron

---

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:04:00 -0800

Typo alert! Previous note said:

> Also, I think the IP/1394 IETF WG will be around for a while.

It should have said IP/1394 IETF WEB Page. Also, the WEB page will be
appropriately updated to reflect current status of the WG, add pointer to
RFC 2734, and state "talk to the authors about the status other drafts".

-myron