Subject: Re: IP6 support in draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-06.txt

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:10:41 -0800 (PST)

> 
> A question has come up that you may know the answer to. How does
> draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-06.txt address IP6 environments?
> Specifically what recommendations do you have for supporting IP6?
> 
It does not address IPv6. At this time, DOCSIS (the underlying standard) 
only supports IPv4 and does not address (or even mention) IPv6.

Guenter

---

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:30:59 -0800

Andrew Sundelin is heading up the standardization effort at CableLabs
for the next version of the standard. I copied him on this mail.
Mike StJohns takes care of the MIB; I added him as well.

Guenter

At 03:33 PM 2/18/99 -0800, Fred Baker wrote:
>OK, so whom do we talk with about docsis support of IP6?
>
>At 03:10 PM 2/18/99 -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>>>