Subject: [ipcdn] pktcSigDevToneDbLevel modifying default value and range-Sig mib draft-11

From: "Kumar, Satish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:37:15 -0500

Hi,
        The MIB pktcSigDevToneDbLevel defined in draft-11 has range
(-250..-30) with default value as -40dBm. Normal dial tone is at -13dB
(means -130dBm). Current default value is a too loud signal. I would
recommend to change the defailt to -120 along with the range to
(-250..-110)

MIB description from:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-11.tx
t

pktcSigDevToneDbLevel    OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX       TenthdBm (-250..-30)
         UNITS        "dBm" 
         MAX-ACCESS   read-only 
         STATUS       current 
         DESCRIPTION 
             "This MIB Object contains the decibel level for each

              analog signal (tone) that is locally generated  
              (versus in band supervisory tones) and sourced to  
              the a-b terminals (TE connection point). Each tone  
              in itself may consist of multiple frequencies as  
              defined by the MIB table 'pktcSigDevMultiFreqToneTable'.
    
              This MIB Object MUST reflect the desired level at  
              the Telco (POTS) a-b (T/R) terminals including the  
              affect of any MTA receiver gain (loss).  This is required 
              so that locally generated tones are consistent with 
              remotely generated in band tones at the a-b terminals, 
              consistent with user expectations.
       
              This MIB Object must be set for each tone.
              When tones are formed by combining multi-frequencies,
              the level of each frequency shall be set so as to result
              in the tone level specified in this object at the a-b
              (T/R) terminals.
   
              The wide range of levels for this Object is required  
              to provide signal generator levels across the wide  
              range of gains (loss) - but does not imply the entire 
              range is to be achievable given the range of gains (loss) 
              in the MTA."
       DEFVAL { -40 } 
       ::={ pktcSigDevMultiFreqToneEntry 8}

Comments please...

Thx, Satish 

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Eugene Nechamkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:05:20 -0700

Satish,

This proposal looks reasonable given the fact that POTS specification
seems to not require a full existing range of (-250, -30). The proposed
default value is also reasonable.

Eugene.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Satish [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:37 AM
To: Ipcdn (E-mail)
Cc: Sanchez, Mauricio; Freyman Phillip-FPF300; Sumanth Channabasappa
Subject: [ipcdn] pktcSigDevToneDbLevel modifying default value and
range-Sig mib draft-11

Hi,

MIB description from:

    

Comments please...

Thx, Satish