Subject: [ipcdn] Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess (Management Event Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable- and IPCablecom-Compliant Devices) to Proposed Standard

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:27:53 -0500

In the DESCRIPTION clause of "pktcEventReset", it appears that
"resetEvDescrTable(1)" is used mistakenly where "resetEventTable(1)" is
intended (based on the repeated appearance of "resetEventTable(1)" in
the OBJECT-TYPE definition and no other appearance of
"resentEvDescrTable(1)" elsewhere in the MIB definitions).

Additionally, event the name of "resetEventTable(1)" for this
particular BITS element is misleading, inasmuch as it resets (to
factory defaults) only the "pktcEventText" column of the
"pktcEventTable".  My recommendation would be to change "pktcEventText"
to "pktcEventDescr" and rename "resetEventTable(1)" to
"resetEventDescr(1)".  Regardless, the naming needs to be harmonized.

Cheers,
BobN

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:45 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess (Management Event
Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable- and
IPCablecom-Compliant Devices) to Proposed Standard 

The IESG has received a request from the IP over Cable Data Network WG 
(ipcdn) to consider the following document:

- 'Management Event Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable- 
   and IPCablecom-Compliant Devices '
   <draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-01-28. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-12.
txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag
=9555&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:31:58 -0500

Bob,

Thanks for your close review and comments of this draft. Here are my
reactions (as shepherd of this internet-draft).

intended

I agree. I confirmed with one of the authors (Sumanth) that this is a
typo.

I would change 'resetEvDescrTable(1)' to 'resetEventTable(1)' in the
last paragraph on page 10 of the draft.

>Additionally, event the name of "resetEventTable(1)" for this
particular BITS element is misleading, inasmuch as it resets (to factory
defaults) only the "pktcEventText" column of the "pktcEventTable".

Here I disagree. I believe that 'resetEventTable(1)' also resets the
'pktcEventSeverityLevel' and 'pktcEventReporting' columns -- since these
two columns are read-write as well as 'pktcEventText'.

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Natale, Bob [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess
(ManagementEvent Management Information Base (MIB) for PacketCable-
andIPCablecom-Compliant Devices) to Proposed Standard 

Cheers,
BobN