Subject: (IPng 6872) Wassenaar

From: Andrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:42:21 -0800 (PST)

What's the status of the US government and IPv6.
 Does the US regard data security of IPv6 as another military 
treat that must be ban from export by all signatories to the 
Wassenaar agreement?

For introduction to Wassenaar see:
 http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/981203/3l.html
 http://www.glasswings.com.au/wassenaar.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:31:07 +0100

> treat that must be ban from export by all signatories to the 

56bit DES keys won't be limited in the future [now that we're convinced that
the NSA can crack them at a one per minute rate (thats from extrapolating the
EFF cracking engine to 1 billion dollars)].

	-is

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:47:23 +0000

FYI, the IAB and IESG are working on a public statement re Wassenaar.
It will not be complimentary :)

  Brian Carpenter