Subject: (IPng 6838) RFC 2470 on IPv6 over Token Ring

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]> (by way of Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 17:48:09 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2470:

        Title:	    Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Token Ring
		    Networks
	Author(s):  M. Crawford, T. Narten, S. Thomas
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       December 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      11
        Characters: 21677
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-tokenring-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2470.txt

This memo specifies the MTU and frame format for transmission of IPv6
packets on Token Ring networks. It also specifies the method of
forming IPv6 link-local addresses on Token Ring networks and the
content of the Source/Target Link-layer Address option used the Router
Solicitation, Router Advertisement, Redirect, Neighbor Solicitation
and Neighbor Advertisement messages when those messages are
transmitted on a Token Ring network.

This document is a product of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2470

<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2470.txt>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------