Subject: (IPng 6824) RFC 2464 on IPv6 Packets over Ethernet

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]> (by way of Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 09:18:32 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2464:

        Title:	    Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Ethernet
		    Networks
	Author(s):  M. Crawford
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       December 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      7
        Characters: 12725
        Obsoletes:  1972
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-ethernet-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2464.txt

This document specifies the frame format for transmission of IPv6
packets and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses and
statelessly autoconfigured addresses on Ethernet networks.  It also
specifies the content of the Source/Target Link-layer Address option
used in Router Solicitation, Router Advertisement, Neighbor
Solicitation, Neighbor Advertisement and Redirect messages when
those messages are transmitted on an Ethernet.

This document is a product of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.
 
This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.
 
This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2464

<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2464.txt>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------