Subject: (IPng 6839) RFC 2471 on IPv6 Testing Address Allocation

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]> (by way of Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 17:52:31 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2471:

        Title:	    IPv6 Testing Address Allocation
	Author(s):  R. Hinden, R. Fink, J. Postel (deceased)
	Status:     Experimental
	Date:       December 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      5
        Characters: 8031
        Obsoletes:  1897
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipngwg-testv2-addralloc-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2471.txt

This document describes an allocation plan for IPv6 addresses to be
used in testing IPv6 prototype software.  These addresses are
temporary and will be reclaimed in the future.  Any IPv6 system using
these addresses will have to renumber at some time in the future.
These addresses will not to be routable in the Internet other than
for IPv6 testing.

This document is a product of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and 
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2471

<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2471.txt>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------