Subject: (IPng 6892) Name space for ICMPV6 symbols, RFC 2463

From: Keith Owens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 20:17:54 +1200

Looking at RFC 2463, there are no symbols defined for the various
ICMPV6 codes, nor can I find any suggested name space for ICMPV6.
Craig Metz has used names like ICMPV6_ECHO_REPLY, the glibc people have
used ICMP6_ECHO_REPLY (no V), which is correct?

Given that the glibc include files are called icmp6.h and not icmpv6.h,
I tend towards ICMP6_ as a prefix but it is not my decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Atsushi Onoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:38:32 +0900 (JST)

> ICMPV6 codes, nor can I find any suggested name space for ICMPV6.

You can find it in RFC 2292 (Advanced Sockets API for IPv6).

Atsushi