Subject: (IPng 7420) Questions on A6

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:41:09 +0900

I have some questions on the draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-03.txt
draft.

(1) Suppose that DNS queries/answers are carried over IPv6. (ie. DNS
servers and resolvers speak IPv6 only.)

How can I write an A6 record for a name server of a given zone(say
x.example) and a glue recode in its upper zone with A6 records?

The followings are taken from Section 6.1. I would like to know how
can I fill records marked with "*".

	---example zone
	EXAMPLE.		SOA (...)
        X.EXAMPLE.		NS  NSSRV.X.EXAMPLE.
	NSSRV.X.EXAMPLE.	A6  XX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (*)
	---

	---x.example.zone
	X.EXAMPLE.   SOA (...)
                     NS NSSRV

        NSSRV        A6 XX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (*)
	N            A6 64 ::1234:5678:9ABC:DEF0 SUBNET-1.IP6
	SUBNET-1.IP6 A6 48 0:0:0:1::  IP6
	IP6          A6 48 0::0       SUBSCRIBER-X.IP6.A.NET.
	IP6          A6 48 0::0       SUBSCRIBER-X.IP6.B.NET.
	---

(2) Section 6.3 says:

         Answer:
         \[x0001/16].IP6.X.EXAMPLE. DNAME SUBNET-1.IP6.X.EXAMPLE.
         \[x123456789ABCDEF0/64].SUBNET-1.X.EXAMPLE. PTR N.X.EXAMPLE.

Is this correct? I guess "IP6" is missing and the followings are
correct.

         \[x0001/16].IP6.X.EXAMPLE. DNAME SUBNET-1.IP6.X.EXAMPLE.
         \[x123456789ABCDEF0/64].SUBNET-1.IP6.X.EXAMPLE. PTR N.X.EXAMPLE.
                                          ^^^

--Kazu
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------