Subject: (IPng 7453) ipv6 precedence bit: qos implementations

From: "Randall Shimizu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:43:09 PDT

Does anyone know how various networking companies are planning to integrate 
the precedence bit? For example how does Cisco plan to integrate it with 
other qos mechanisms such as tag switching and diff-serv?

_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:52:46 +0100

There is no precedence bit in IPv6. Diffserv (RFC 2474)
applies directly to the IPv6 traffic class field. To find out what
companies plan to do, I suggest you ask them directly.

  Brian