Subject: (IPng 7432) IDRP for IPv6

From: Peter Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:12:24 +0400

Hi
need some pointers / info on this;

Would deployment of IDRP be better then BGP in
the IPv6 envoirnement ?

thanks
/pete

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:51:38 -0700

Peter,

>Would deployment of IDRP be better then BGP in

As far as I can tell the ISP's are completely focused on BGP and it would
be very difficult for them to consider deploying another inter-domain
routing protocol.  I also suspect that BGP now has more functionality than
IDRP.  It has been evolving while IDRP has not.

Bob