Subject: FreeBSD 4.0

From: Grant Furness <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:36:38 -0700

I loaded FreeBSD 4.0 on my box to run IPv6.  I am having trouble installing 
inet6d on the box, so it won't put an IPv6 address on the interface.  I 
gotta be missing something really easy, here.  If anybody could clue me in 
as to how to install inet6, I would be most grateful.,

Thanks;

furness

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:34:59 +0900

>as to how to install inet6, I would be most grateful.,

	ipngwg is a place to discuss specification, not a place for particular
	implementation(s).  in this case, [email-masked],
	[email-masked] or [email-masked]  would be more
	appropriate.  anyway.

	you do not need inet6d, you only need inetd with "tcp6" in
	/etc/inetd.conf.  also your description does not really describe
	your situation.  you may want to paste output from "ifconfig -a", 
	"netstat -in", "netstat -rn" and alike. (on place othr than
	ipngwg, of course)

itojun