Subject: Re: Path MTU in IPv6

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 08:47:56 +0900

>>>>> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:46:36 +0530, 
>>>>> Murali Krishna Ch <[email-masked]> said:

> How does transport layers are innformed about ICMP "packet too big message" ?
> and what is the best way?

Since transport layers are usually implemented in kernel, it highly
depends on kernel (i.e. OS) implementation. Or did you mean
applications by "transport layers"?

In any case, this type of question would be more meaningful with
specific OSes.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------