Subject: W.G. Last Call on "IPv6 Node Information Queries"

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:23:55 -0700

This is a IPng working group last call for comments on advancing the 
following document as a Proposed Standard:

	Title : IPv6 Node Information Queries
	Author(s) : M. Crawford
	Filename : draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-06.txt 	
	Pages : 14
	Date : 20-Jul-00

Please send substantive comments to the ipng mailing list, and minor
editorial comments to the author.  This last call period will end two
week from today on August 16, 2000.

Bob Hinden / Steve Deering

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Hideaki YOSHIFUJI (吉藤英明) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:23:58 +0900

> week from today on August 16, 2000.

Maybe too late, but:

Section 4:
|    Finally, if the Qtype is known and the response is allowed by local
|    policy, the Responder must fill in the Flags and Reply Data of the
|    NI Reply in accordance with the definition of the Qtype and transmit
|    the NI Reply with an ICMPv6 source address equal to the Queried
                                                             ~~~~~~~
|    Address, unless that address was an anycast address.  If the Queried
     ~~~~~~~                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|    Address was anycast, the source address for the Reply SHOULD be one
|    belonging to the interface on which the Query was received.

How about link-scope multicast addresses such as ff02::1 and NI
group address?

-- 
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project  <[email-masked]>
Web Page: http://www.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/%7Eyoshfuji/
PGP5i FP: F731 6599 5EB2 BBA7 1515  1323 1806 A96F 5700 6B25 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:01:04 -0500

> 	Filename : draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-06.txt 	

I received three comments:

On page 3, "Type" should be "Code" in this line (Tam):

                Qtype-specific data present only when the ICMPv6 Type
                field is zero.  The length of the Data may be inferred

On page 5, "Type" should be "Code" in this line (Jinmei):

    Reply with ICMPv6 Type = 2 and no Reply Data.  The Responder should

Later on page 5, two mentions of "anycast" in this passage should be
"anycast or multicast" (Yoshifuji):

    [...] and transmit
    the NI Reply with an ICMPv6 source address equal to the Queried
    Address, unless that address was an anycast address.  If the Queried
    Address was anycast, the source address for the Reply SHOULD be one
    belonging to the interface on which the Query was received.

I propose to make these changes and to renumber the sections so that
the Abstract is unnumbered (in accord with rfced custom) and submit
the -07 draft as final.  All right?

				Matt